Notices

Millers Oils in Calgary, AB

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Luxter
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile Millers Oils in Calgary, AB

Very happy to tell you that I got recently added to Millers Oils distributor list for Western Canada and Calgary, AB in particular.
My shipment (over 600L worth of liquid gold) arrived just yesterday and the following lubricants are available for immediate delivery:

1. CFS 0W-30 NT
2. CFS 5W-40 NT
3. CFS 10W-50 NT
4. CRX 75W-90
5. XF Longlife 5W-40 (A40 Approved)

More infor on Nanodrive technology here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=93472

And on Millers and Performance Racing Oils web sites.

Feedback and comments are welcome.

Many thanks,

Luxter
Old 10-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Luxter
Pro

Smile AGAT Labs in Calgary

Anybody interested in a local, reliable used oil analysis?
I just got off the phone with Agat laboratories located in Calgary, AB. Here is what they have to offer.
Four (4) engine oil analysis packages, from basic to very complex:
The basic one is $25.00 CAD and is comparable to basic analysis offered by Blackstone. It does not include TBN or TAN.
The next two packages are more comprehensive and offer either TBN or TAN (pick one) at $35.00 CAD or both TBN and TAN for $45.00 CAD.
There is also a complete analysis that includes ISO particle count or patch test at $100.00 CAD.
They offer 12 pack pre-purchased packs with significant discounts for all four types.
More info here:
www.agatlabs.com
The lab is located at 3650 – 21 Street NE in Calgary. They also have depots in a number of locations that accept oil samples.
Hope the above helps.
Cheers,
=L=
Old 10-31-2013, 05:17 PM
Luxter
Pro

Default Royal Visit

Here is a Youtube video from the Royal visit to Millers Oils in Brighouse, UK in October 2013.

Enjoy,

=L=
Old 11-03-2013, 04:23 PM
tgt40
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting stuff but not knowing beans about engine oil analysis I gotta ask - what do I need to know? Stuck with a 996 (grin) is there a specific analysis that will tell me when my IMS is gonna blow?

Price at Agat seems good, it's just that I don't know why I need it and what it'll tell me.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Luxter
Pro

Originally Posted by tgt40
Interesting stuff but not knowing beans about engine oil analysis I gotta ask - what do I need to know? Stuck with a 996 (grin) is there a specific analysis that will tell me when my IMS is gonna blow?

Price at Agat seems good, it's just that I don't know why I need it and what it'll tell me.
It will be difficult to answer your question in a couple of sentences. But, let’s give it a shot:
1. Ability to trend wear metals in your engine (Fe, Al, Cr, Co, etc.)
2. Determine or confirm oil change interval (OCI) based on TBN number and KV of used oil sample.
3. Assess efficiency of your air oil filter (Silicon levels)
4. Monitor fuel dilution (Fuel % and Flash Point)
5. Monitor levels of antifreeze (if any) in oil (antifreeze %)
6. Monitor levels of additive depletion (Zn & P and TBN)
7. Monitor levels of soot (Insolubles %)
8. Monitor oil ability to combat acidity and minimize corrosion (TBN)
An UOA will NOT let you predict any sudden failures including IMS bearing.
I am planning to have a few presentations rolled out in Calgary at the beginning of 2014 in a number of dealerships and Indy’s to address fundamentals of oil and lubrication and also address UOA with help directly from AGAT technical. I will attempt to bring Millers technical support person to at least one of them probably around April next year. I will be also visiting Millers HQ in UK later this month, and likely update this thread with additional information from that visit.
Please feel free to contact me via e-mail or PM for more details about any of the future events although I will likely be posting them here in advance.
Cheers,
=L=

Quick Reply: Millers Oils in Calgary, AB