Vancouver Paint Protection Installer - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Vancouver Paint Protection Installer

Old 04-23-2018, 06:54 PM
BioBanker
User

Default Vancouver Paint Protection Installer

Who has a recommendation for a great paint protection installer in Vancouver? Correction before probably as well.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-23-2018, 08:31 PM
MaxLTV
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ken at Autowerkes Exclusive (http://www.autowerkesexclusive.com/) did paint correction, PPF and ceramic coating on mine. I cannot vouch for longevity yet because it's only been 3 days but here is what I could see:

1. paint correction done well - holograms that the car has from the factory are gone, and I could not find any visible blemishes under the film or anywhere else on the car
2. film install looks 90% of what I've ever seen. Pros - all edges are perfectly even, attached or wrapped around, no damage to the paint where the film was cut, no marring of the film from the squeegee. Cons - the edges are not wrapped around everywhere. He did not take off the front bumper to do that, and even with headlights the wrapping around is unclear - the fenders wrap around under the headlight seal but the bumper film just goes to the edge of the headlight. But I honestly don't know if that's reasonable to expect the bumper taken off for this cost or if that's higher level.
3. Service in general - friendly, clear communication, flexible, no BS, basically as good as I could imagine.

So I would recommend him 100%, but if you need the ultimate install with full disassembly, it makes sense to discuss that explicitly.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:02 AM
BioBanker
User

Thanks - that is very helpful. Which option package did you go with? I'm debating between Track and Full front. Id do the full car but that's $$$$$
Old 04-24-2018, 06:47 PM
MaxLTV
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BioBanker View Post
Thanks - that is very helpful. Which option package did you go with? I'm debating between Track and Full front. Id do the full car but that's $$$$$
I went with full front - bumper, fenders, mirrors and rear fenders. In retrospect, I probably should have asked for two layers on rear fenders would make sense - my GT3 has film in these areas completely chewed up after 4 years.

Just noticed you are in West Van as well - you are welcome to stop by check it out if that helps.

Last edited by MaxLTV; 04-24-2018 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:50 PM
BioBanker
User

Thanks - I will take you up on your offer to check out the wrap. PMd you!
Old 05-23-2018, 06:39 PM
mistermct
User

Another vote for Ken but I haven't had any install work from him (although he did give me coaching/advice on removing old ppf from my car). Seems well connected in the ppf community and offers good pricing and comparable service to Metropolitan Detail in Bellevue (a long search 6 years ago ended up with them as top recommendation, iirc Ken wasn't doing films then)

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: