Notices

Need Help with CDR24 Recode

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:52 PM
vipola
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with CDR24 Recode

I have this problem with my radio and wondering if anyone here would have an advice or a contact..

Mark-Motors spend many hours try to diagnostise the problem, with no result..

Here is what happened:

My Original Radio Stopped working, the LED would flash (so it receive power) but the power on wouldnt do anything.. the dealer told me they tought the radio was bricked and I needed a new one, seen the price of a brand new radio I opt to find a used one, I got it installed, and I got it recode (because it had the PROTECT mension on it when it was plugged in. The dealer recoded it to resolve the 'PROTECT' issue, but it wouldn't play any sound.. They told me my AMP was maybe blowned too, so I bought an other AMP. They Installed the amp and still no sound.. They spend many hours doing diagnostic to end up telling me that the both amp was working, and all the wirring in the car was fine, and they reset every module in the car to factory reset, and it didn't solved anything.. They end up telling me that the CDR-24 cannot be recoded to another Car and that I have no other choice than buying a Brand New Virgin CR-24 never coded to any car so they can put my Serial Number in it and that it should work. Because they CAN'T get my car serial number in the Used Radio I purchased.. A New Radio is 1500$, and I already spend alot of money on this issue..

1) Is it Normal that they cannot recode a CD-24 Radio?.. Was the radio designed to be only mapped to one car and then not be usable or should it allow been switched car if needed?.. If the radio was designed to be able to be recoded to another car, what could be the problem and how can I solve it?.. Would you have any advice to the porsche dealer to recode this radio?

2) Is there somewhere I could send my Original CDR-24 that stopped working so they could maybe fix that one as it's already mapped to my car?..

Thanks

I have the Porsche Boxster S with the 11 speaker BOSS Sound Packedge, and I'm dealing with Mark Motors in Ottawa.

I called Porsche Prestige and talked to the Technician he told me that if he had the Serial Number of the original car of the radio he could 'TRY' but don't know if it would work.. Mark Motors told me the Piwis told them the S/n of the original caymen witch had the radio before me..

I got the strange feeling that no ones really know what they are doing and no one really know how the radio was designed to react and what is the real problem.. They are just GUESSING... I don't like paying the primmum price at a porsche dealer so they Guess and Train on my car.. I think their rate is high because they should already know what they are doing and if it's supposed to work..

I know plenty of talented peoples who could solve this issue if it wasn't of that 'Porsche PIWIS' that is needed to play with it that only dealers have..

I tried contacting BOSS/BECKER directly and waiting to hear from them in the next few days..

Does any ones have experience with using a used CDR-24 in another car?..

Thanks

Last edited by vipola; 01-15-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Need Help with CDR24 Recode