Notices

Rennsport sur/on Rennlist ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:34 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rennsport sur/on Rennlist ???

On m'avais dit que le Forum de Rennsport a été fermé parce qu'il y avait trop de contestations... dommage car c'était un outil très utile pour les nouveaux membres afin de trouver de l'information sur le Club. Voilà maintenant que les mêmes individus qui ont réclamé la fermeture du Forum ont ouvert une division Rennsport sur Rennlist et y sont très actifs !!!

Je dois avouer que je suis complètement perdu... est-ce que quelqu'un pourrait m'expliquer ce qui se passe

I heard that the Forum on the Rennsport website was closed because there were too many arguments between members... too bad since it was a very useful tool especially for the new members who were looking for informations on the Club. Now, here we are with the same people who asked the shut down of the Rennsport Forum and are very actives in a new Rennsport division on Rennlist !!!

I have to confess that I am completely lost... could someone explain me what's going on

Last edited by GT3 Techno; 04-20-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Salut GT3 Techno. Oui les forums sur Rennsport sont fermes pour l'instant. Ont a veu surtout les chicanes semble-til. Michel G etait d'accord avec la proposition de les suspendre. Par contre les forums sont tres utiles pour co-ordiner les activities du club, donc j'ai ouvert Rennsport sur Rennlist.

Yes the forum on Rennsport on was closed because it was the source of arguments. Even Michel G supported the idea of closing them down. Perhaps it was too time consuming as well?

Since an interactive forum is useful for co-ordinating club activities, I open the Rennsport forum here. I hope this one works better.

Best,
Old 04-20-2009, 02:40 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

With all due respect, I don't see the point of shutting down one forum to open another one with the same goals, participants and subjects... with probably less contributors since it's not even mentionned that this Forum exist on the Club's website. Anyway, either one can do the job but since a good one was already alive, this division on Rennlist was not necessary IMO.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:01 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

^ Consider that this forum was present long before the Rennsport.ca forum.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:22 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by The DareDevil
^ Consider that this forum was present long before the Rennsport.ca forum.
So... that's why Rennsport.ca forum has been closed ? IMO it looks like a scaled down tool. Sorry, but I still don't see the point... Don't get me wrong, Rennlist Canada always been a great tool for Canadian Porsches addicts; but I didn't think that as a privately owned for-profit organization, Rennlist was the preferred communication channel for a non-profit regional Porsche Club.

BTW, the oldest tread on this forum (the Rennsport Division) is dated October 2007 !

Last edited by GT3 Techno; 04-20-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:45 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I definitely see your point. I think that the admins saw this as a good opportunity to rename the forum, that's all.

You're right about this specific forum... I meant to say the Canadian forum in general (the two sub-forums were added later).

I think we can all get along
Old 05-29-2009, 11:37 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Wow, I'm really impressed by the traffic on this forum... is it true that the RSR forum was used to see 1,000 pages hit per day before it has been shutted down for no reason ?
Old 05-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

1000 per day? You are kidding right?
There were about a dozen people using the Rennsport ca forums. There were a lot of arguments. For example members were not allowed to post ads. Why? Ads in the classified had to be car stuff. Why? Perhaps with a new webmaster things will change.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:03 AM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Here are the stats.

http://www.rennsport.ca/forum/index.php?action=stats

More than 33,000 page hits during last February and March. You are right that there was few people posting on it, but it looks like there was others going on the forum to find useful informations.

Personally I don't care about the ads. I don't know for others but, isn't it something that could have been resolved without shutting down the thing ? Here we are allowed to post ads but nobody is looking at them anyway...

I'm just missing the thing, don't want to start an argument.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

I figure the forums will come back soon probably with simpler rules (similar to the ones here). With so few people posting, I wonder where all those hits came from?

Hits could have been search bots. When I look at site statistics, I focus on the number of active users.

The forum at Rennsport seems to have been a failed experiment. Over moderated and the source of arguments and controversy. I'm pretty sure that will get resolved soon, I hope so!
Old 05-31-2009, 05:47 PM
KenW
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

It seems to me that for whatever reason, the membership in 2009 is way more relaxed, having more fun and driving even better. Let's all concentrate on polishing the already shiney jewel that is RSR. The details will then fall into place.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:42 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Hear hear ^^ What he said
Old 06-01-2009, 01:08 PM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

I love the club. I love the cars. I love being at the track. I love the people.

I am still having fun, but I am growing weary of the friction, and even now...talk of the friction.

Everyone needs to relax, smile at EVERYONE, and enjoy.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:18 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Techno
With all due respect, I don't see the point of shutting down one forum to open another one with the same goals, participants and subjects... with probably less contributors since it's not even mentionned that this Forum exist on the Club's website. Anyway, either one can do the job but since a good one was already alive, this division on Rennlist was not necessary IMO.
Because of all the controversies on the Rennsport.ca forum it will not be prudent to thoroughly discuss the situation in public. It will turn into another flame war with blame being thrown around.

If you don't like this forum here then you don't have to visit and post. Complaining will not help make anything better but just deepen the divisiveness.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:42 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

I'm sincerely sorry if the posts I made about my frustration around the RSR Forum closure have been seen as controversial. It was not my intention. I love the Club spirit and friendship. I'll put that behind and won't talk about it anymore. I am spending too much time on my keyboard anyway...

Looking forward to see you all at the track !