Notices

Quebec Region Porsche owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 04:36 PM
michel944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quebec Region Porsche owners thread

Why not ? Here we could discuss about future meets, motorsport events, group rides, stuff like that ! Most of us live within 2 - 3 hrs of each other so that makes sense.

And no more negative stuff like "we don't need this" !

Last edited by michel944; 10-29-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:19 PM
am
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Michel, i'm sorry to take this post to contact you, i'm also from the province of quebec (not far from you) and wanted to ask someone in your area the following question : My sister owns a 944 exactly like the one on your avatar and she had to move away from us, me most of all and she wants to sell it, i think her car is in a pretty good condition for someone who would get a nice Porsche. Do you know someone who would like one or could you refer me to a person who could help her to sell her car ?
Thank's (did it in english for the forum, merci )
Old 02-10-2008, 11:51 PM
michel944
Pro

Sorry "am", at this moment I don't know anyone.....Seems like used car buyers in Quebec are afraid by old Porsche's ! I'll keep mine forever but I won't give it away for 3K, you can rest assured about this !!! It has never seen winter and has its original paint so it's worth more than somebody would be willing to pay !!!
Old 02-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Sysgen
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm all for that

Let's start by asking ,when are you guys getting your cars out of storage

Some time in april from me, hopefully.

Michel, what are your plans for this summer? Auto-X, any track ?

Anyone else working on their cars during the winter?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:24 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd like to continue our weekly Julep meets this year. Thursday seems to be a good day for most people, and there is usually a lot of action at the Julep on that day.

I’m taking the N/A out as soon as the snow starts to melt. Hopefully the Turbo will be ready soon after that.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:09 PM
am
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank's Michel, i'll try to put it for sale again soon.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:44 PM
michel944
Pro

Stephane, there's 12 ft of snow in front of my home....The city can't shoot the snow in front of our homes anymore ! Everyday I give my car a hug in the garage... Can't stand the snow any longer, we're on our way to beat 30 years old records.....

So in '08 I'm doing some local solo events in Montreal and Quebec City, I'm going after the Canadian Championship in my class at P.E.I. and maybe I'll go to a SCCA divisional in a Northeast event. I'll get some A6 Hoosier's also...
Old 02-13-2008, 11:23 PM
TremP
4th Gear

Hi all, I am jumping in with my first post. Derek and Stephane might recognise
me. Stephane, it should be easy for you after our talk last night in Laval.

To answer Michel944, I'm for that too.

Stephane, me too I usually take out the car out of storage in April, the 1st because
I can't wait anymore. But this year with that much snow, it might have to be later
unless March is very warm.

Derek, me too I want to continue the Julep meets but it will be hard to be there
every week. Hopefully we will get more Porsches and just fill the place.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Sysgen
Drifting

Salut Yves Happy to see you here,

You can start posting a little so that you can finally upload a few pictures of your nice collection of cars

Ciao
Old 02-14-2008, 03:37 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Yves! Great to see you here!
Old 02-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Guys,

(and salut Michel!) there is a very active Porsche community in Montreal. Almost all are members of Rennsport PCA. This time of year there are monthly dinners, tech sessions, one at Prestige, one at Lauzon. Ground school for driving theory and in April a practical session on track at ICAR. During the summer (May to september) 8 track events at Le Circuit, ICAR and Calabogie (near Ottawa), plus Autocross in Quebec City. There is a very active gang in Quebec City, who do autocross, les "ballades", excursions and dinners.

You can find out about this on the Rennsport web site www.rennsport.ca; Soon there will be forums there as well. As to selling a 944, the Rennsport is the best way to buy and sell Porsches with over 660 Porsche loving members. Ads on the website and in the monthly magazine. Note that this does not compete with Rennlist since Rennsport is for PCA members in Montreal, Quebec City and Ottawa. Tres locale, est dans les deux langues.

best,
Old 02-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Thanks Bob, forums on Rennsport !! I didn't know that.

Can't wait to see this

Can't wait also for the good weather, I'm planning to go to at least 5 events with rennsport. I should also do a couple of auto-x with CADL.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:42 PM
TremP
4th Gear

Hi guys, I knew you would unmask me quick.

Thanks Bob for the info. As a Rennsport member since 8 years already (time goes fast), I'm looking forward for the new forum.

To answer your question Stephane, this winter I have just a little bit of work to
do on the track car:
- change the front wheel bearings (did the rear last winter)
- replace the transmission oil
- weld a new muffler tip
- remove a little bit of camber on the left front wheel

Now I should start to work on my own avatar.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:28 AM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Guys,

(and salut Michel!) there is a very active Porsche community in Montreal. Almost all are members of Rennsport PCA. This time of year there are monthly dinners, tech sessions, one at Prestige, one at Lauzon. Ground school for driving theory and in April a practical session on track at ICAR. During the summer (May to september) 8 track events at Le Circuit, ICAR and Calabogie (near Ottawa), plus Autocross in Quebec City. There is a very active gang in Quebec City, who do autocross, les "ballades", excursions and dinners.

You can find out about this on the Rennsport web site www.rennsport.ca; Soon there will be forums there as well. As to selling a 944, the Rennsport is the best way to buy and sell Porsches with over 660 Porsche loving members. Ads on the website and in the monthly magazine. Note that this does not compete with Rennlist since Rennsport is for PCA members in Montreal, Quebec City and Ottawa. Tres locale, est dans les deux langues.

best,
The new Rennsport web site is now live, check it out! http://www.rennsport.ca/
Old 02-16-2008, 02:19 PM
pszikla
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello Everyone!
This is great, just discovered that I have fellow Porsche "brothers" on Rennlist in Quebec.
The people from the 996 forum are always from the USA and some from Toronto.
It would be fun to have a night at the Julep on a regular basis especially to compare notes on any mods etc....

Quick Reply: Quebec Region Porsche owners thread