Notices

Rennsport at Calabogie

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 11:46 AM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Rennsport at Calabogie

I'm just back from another amazing weekend driving the 'Bogie with a group of RSR members. Epicness.

Folks, if you're on the fence here, just do it! Lots of room for drivers and extended track time for all at the upcoming Rennsport DE.

This is one of THE premier events in our region, can't believe more folks have not registered yet. Would love to see more folks come and learn something new - just like you don't ski the same run at the same ski hill over and over and over - right?

Hope to meet up with many Ottawa area RSR members as well, you can share your driving tips!

Best,

Matt
The following 2 users liked this post by Matt Lane:
msavard (07-12-2019), The DareDevil (06-24-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 11:23 AM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Calabogie,in my eyes, is equally as fun as Tremblant! Everyone should drive different tracks to keep learning...and they will be getting an extra run to boot!

The flaggers are world class, that in itself should be something all drivers should experience/compare.

Lastly the OG Ottawa instructing crew....sadly we only get to see them now at Calabogie! In my eyes(flamesuit on) the depth and understanding of HPDE they provide is unmatched! Needless to say, this is the most important selling point for the July DE at the ‘bogie!!!!

The following users liked this post:
Matt Lane (06-25-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 08:55 AM
Translog
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Trying to get a couple of persons together.

Pierre
Old 07-10-2019, 08:58 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Just back form the Mid Summer Calabogie Rennsport event...

Just as promised by Matt... EPICNESS.

Great time!
Great weather.
Great track.
Great setting.
Great folks.
And let us not forget the mid day charity "PARADE" laps. It was my 15 year old son's track baptism by fire. ( I have created a monster.)

Thank-you to the Rennsport folks for making my son "feel like one of the boys.", and the organizers for sticking with Calabogie especially at this time of year.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:03 AM
aigle836
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DHI
Just back form the Mid Summer Calabogie Rennsport event...

Just as promised by Matt... EPICNESS.

Great time!
Great weather.
Great track.
Great setting.
Great folks.
And let us not forget the mid day charity "PARADE" laps. It was my 15 year old son's track baptism by fire. ( I have created a monster.)

Thank-you to the Rennsport folks for making my son "feel like one of the boys.", and the organizers for sticking with Calabogie especially at this time of year.
+ 1

Première expérience à Calabogie. Belle piste, excellente installation, personnel accueillant. Naturellement étant de Québec c'est plus loin, mais au moins nous sommes accueillis à bras ouverts !
Old 07-11-2019, 10:41 AM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

Well said guys - it's really a winning combination of our club, the track, the facilities and their professional personnel. I try to make it to Calabogie at least twice a year - and I've never been disappointed.

If we want to make this a staple of the RSR calendar, we need to continue to spread the word. We had more drivers than last year, but there's lots of room to grow and make this viable going forward. Tell your friends to plan on 2020 sans faute!

Cheers

Matt

Last edited by Matt Lane; 07-11-2019 at 03:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
msavard (07-12-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 08:47 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Glad you had a great event, Matt
A very special track and a nice change from Tremblant.

Quick Reply: Rennsport at Calabogie