Notices

2013 Boxster S

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 10:21 PM
hitemstrait
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Boxster S

Any major issues or problems? Thinking of buying a low mileage '13 Boxster S.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:39 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

Great car/platform as far as I know.

I am sure the model experts will chime in (mechanics, even better!), but I think a lot of the weaknesses on earlier models have been pretty much worked out by then. I am sure any of the last non-turbo Boxster/Caymans would be great fun.

Cheers

Matt
Old 03-28-2018, 11:44 PM
Paul B
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Love mine, 2013 S manual, most fun and best handling car I've ever owned, even rides well on our third world roads. I had done my homework before buying, I knew what I wanted, it doesn't disappoint.
I'd of course recommend having it checked, if its a manual especially have it checked for over revs, absolutely nothing is inexpensive on these cars. I highly recommend We Tune Autosports in Lachine, competent and very nice people.
Be warned, if you have never have owned a Porsche, avoid the dealers for anything but warranty work, $300+ for an oil change and it only gets worse from there...
PM me if you have any questions, glad to help if I can.

Paul
Old 03-29-2018, 10:39 PM
hitemstrait
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt, Paul - thanks for the replies. Happy to say that I am now the proud owner of a '13 Boxster S. Car had me after the 1st mile of the test drive. It's a very nicely optioned & kept CPO car with 7,500 miles, bought & serviced at my local dealer. Still have the big smile on my face every time I crank it up!!

JJ
Old 03-29-2018, 11:00 PM
Paul B
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hitemstrait
Matt, Paul - thanks for the replies. Happy to say that I am now the proud owner of a '13 Boxster S. Car had me after the 1st mile of the test drive. It's a very nicely optioned & kept CPO car with 7,500 miles, bought & serviced at my local dealer. Still have the big smile on my face every time I crank it up!!

JJ
Congrats, we need pics, welcome aboard!
Mine was a similar story, CPO low mileage, just moved it out of the garage today for the first time this year, replate it next week, can't wait!

Paul
Old 08-12-2019, 07:49 AM
Oldchuck
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Been looking for the right 981S CPO for six months. Seen a bunch of 718's but they just don't have that flat six sound !!
Keep us posted on your search.

Quick Reply: 2013 Boxster S