Notices

HGTE

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Johns930
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HGTE

i had a chance at painting some stock 599 challenge rims black and putting them on my 612. It would of look awesome.

But i didnt expect to get some awesome 599 HGTE rims!!
The owner paint the stock challenge ones black and prefer them over these babies???!!!! so how can i refuse???

Along with Terry's advise and my little research, i know these would fit. But i still worry about the fat 305 rears not fitting, but others say they do, and although theres only a finger gap between the inner plastic fender and the tires, it fits! Tire shop say it wouldnt rub at all, but we will see.

First off, my ball polished factory OTO challenge rims are the best looking for the car, period. So no arguments there.

These HGTE rims look small for some reason, i couldnt believe they were 20s when it was mounted. Especially the rears, it look more recessed and doesnt look good at all compared to stock at first. Its a inch wider, 11" compared to mine 10", and with a 0.5" less aggressive offset, its supposed to sit out 0.5" more, but it doesnt "look" like it. I think it could use at least another 0.5" maybe 1" more aggressive offset pushed out to make it look perfect. Im not thinking spacers so im gonna not complain about looks now.

However, the fronts are at least 1" more aggressive due to its 0.5" wider rim and offset, the fronts are flush with the fenderline or even slightly sticking out, but all in all, fronts look and are perfect.

Ok, looks apart, these rims must help with performance.
I have no idea now because i just drove it home after the install, will report back when i get back from a 500 mile rally trip by november.

But not only is my stance wider and i have more rear rubber (2cm more each side). These rims are lighter!!!!

The HGTE fronts with tires are around 23 kilos.
The HGTE rears with 305 tires are around 28 kilos.
The stock fronts with tires are around 26 kilos.
The stock rears with 285 tires are 29 kilos.
So that means in total : im 8 kilos or 17 pounds lighter with HGTE rims AND thats with 305 rear tires!! I can save even more weight if i use my stock 285 tires.

of course another great weekend and lots of stickers for our upcoming rally, and it starts to look better after a couple days :

Quick Reply: HGTE