Notices

OH GREAT ANOTHER CAYENNE OVERLANDING BUILD

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 07:02 PM
Fuel Files
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default OH GREAT ANOTHER CAYENNE OVERLANDING BUILD

You read the title correctly...another one being built for internet viewing pleasure.

A brief intro of who I am. My name is Esteban (feel free to call me Esty) and I've been fortunate enough to have worked along some of the craziest cars and some of the coolest people in the industry. Having started off with a borrowed camera in high school, I was able to work my way into shooting pictures for local enthusiasts and collectors at cars and coffees and car meets in Miami. From there, I was able to rub elbows with the right people and after a lot of networking, I was able to break into the collector car industry by the age of 20. Having worked with shops like Parkhaus1, ASG Miami and a brief opportunity with duPont REGISTRY, I realized I had been buying, selling, and curating collections for clients under all these companies up until now...so why not do it for myself?

Having shot for Bring a Trailer, Cars and Bids, duPont and other private collections, I knew I had the credentials to launch my own automotive content creation company. After working with the likes of Drew from Cooled Collective, Sean from Reneleven and Larry Chen on some projects, I decided on my 25th birthday that I'd be going off and doing things on my own through my company, Fuel Files specializing in high-end automotive retail solutions and content creation.

I started creating content while still with ASG Miami on TikTok and have been able to gain over 25,000 followers and just hit the 1k mark on YouTube recently, so what better way to create more content than by buying a project car to turn into a build!

After seeing how successful the Cayenne platform is off road and how much attention the platform is getting now, I decided to join in on the fun and get myself a 2008 Cayenne SIX SPEED.

I know what you're thinking"Why would you get a 6 speed?"

Easy answer; I wanted something different and being that the 6 speed was only available with a GTS or base model in the US, I went with the base model V6 Cayenne to avoid dealing with air ride modules, expensive parts, and gas guzzling V8's. To me, overlanding isn't so much "crawling" but more so going where you haven't been before and in the long game of road trips and going off road, fuel efficiency is something that I valued highly. In addition to the V6 parts being cheap, the manual gearbox has one way of failing and it all boils down to me. With an automatic transmission, I didn't want to deal with the potential random failure that would be costly and incredibly inconvenient.

That being said; here is episode one of my Project Cayenne series on Fuel Files. Thanks to Mike from Eurowise for hooking me up with the 3 inch lift kit, control arms and skid plate! It's going to be an awesome experience with a whole lot of learning for myself as well. Feel free to follow along and let me know what you think!

Check out the channel here: Fuel Files YouTube Channel
Check out the TikTok page here:

I have a full thread in the Cayenne section of Rennlist that goes into further detail of the step by step updates that I'll be adding there. If you haven't seen it there, you can get up to speed here with Episodes 1 and 2 already embedded.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3 in the works, but feel free to check out the other content I have!

Ep 1

Ep 1

Ep 2

Ep 2

Ep 2

Sneak peek into ep 3
Old 11-04-2022, 10:18 AM
Fuel Files
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Happy Friday ladies and gentlemen! Episode 3 is finally here, come check out how great the pieces of the 3 inch lift kit, 1 inch subframe drop, tubular control arms and skid plate look!

Quick Reply: OH GREAT ANOTHER CAYENNE OVERLANDING BUILD