Notices

PCGB. Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I join and continue to do so - its fine. The info on the club forum is pretty good (certainly with Maurice in charge of the 993 forum over there). As for regional events - I haven't been to any but that doesn't mean that they're not worth it.

Some of the benefits have to be taken with a pinch of salt tho - the whole 10% discount on insurance with Performance Marque doesn't work for me - esp as they reguilarly quote me double what I pay elsewhere(!!)

But Porsche Post always has a good Classifieds section - the rest of it is mostly 'take it or leave it' stuff (unless I have an article published of course!) - but its there to be read.

As a casual member, its fine and the opportunities are certainly there to get more involved - whether you want to (or have the time to) is another matter.

Surj
Old 05-26-2005, 05:07 AM
a18agy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say to join the benefits are quite good I have a good relationship my local OPC, they have quoted trade prices on brake discs and other parts, I have discouts on parts above 10%, in short PCGB renewal fee has already been paid for itself.
I do find the PCGB 993 forum to be low on activity, most members do not contribute I wonder why ?, there are only a few members that are willing to play a active part on the 993 PCGB forum.

AG
Old 01-05-2006, 06:10 PM
rich993t
Advanced

Ive been a member forquite a few years and the club has got so big now, it doesnt give 2 hoots about its members,they care more about their image and money.
Got a problem,dont bother contacting the club they wont help.
They're more interested in investing in plush new premises and useless and unnecessary office staff.
My RO is very good though, but Ive noticed that instead of these local events being at a discounted rate,a few are starting to creep in which cost moreie it would be cheaper if you went on your own;
I suspect the RO's are getting grief about cutting costs and getting more money in.
My Xmas do wa 31.50 a ticket for a v.small 3 course meal and a disco,and they call that value for money!
The magazine is good for adverts/whats happening in the region but nothing much else,Im thimking of not renewing as well.
Still each to their own choice.
Thats my rant over.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:38 AM
marton
Drifting

PHP Code:
Martin i can't begin to tell you how much bull **** you have just written.
 please get your facts right before you post such rubbish. 

the only clause about advertising is that No new model cars (under two years 
old from model launch) can be advertised by unofficial importers. 

Ruf and the like will in no way be affected by this unless they are trying to 
advertise there stuff on a new model car. 

this contract is going to give the club a lot more clout to deal with members 
problems not less.

nothing has changed with how Tipec is seen by Porsche or Porsche Club GB. as 
im a Tipec Regional organiser and my husbands a PCGB director i should know 
better than most 
Guess that I can not use this forum to improve my English grammar

Marton
Old 01-06-2006, 06:13 AM
pjc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Marton - with such credentials I'm surprised that your statements are not totally correct either. The CoC stops any advertisements for NEW grey import Porsches (2nd hand grey imports CAN be advertised) and from ANY advertisements for non-Porsche approved accessaries (for example spoilers) for cars less than 2 years old. currently that only covers the new Boxter, Cayman and 997.

PJC
Old 01-07-2006, 07:11 PM
marton
Drifting

take a look at
https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/246828-new-uk-928-forum.html

Marton
Old 01-08-2006, 10:33 AM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm a member of the essex region, R11, likeable chaps always a friendly hello from Martyn the RO.

Annual BBQ ia an absolute must, plenty of exotica around.........I'd say as others have, visit your region first...I reckon on attending 8-9 of the 12 monthly meets.

kevin
Old 02-21-2006, 05:27 PM
peanut
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blimey ronnie if this forum is `lively ' then the PCGB must be a bit painful lol.

I used to belong to PCGB many years ago back when all models were valued but I increasingly found that the 924 944 and 928 models were distainfully overlooked . There was no register for the 944 at the time no technical support and very little coverage so I cancelled my subscription. the PCGB forum used to prevent casual visitors actually viewing forum posts by members which is not exactly friendly and encouraging and in my view . Sorry Helen perhaps I am talking bovine droppings too!

Perhaps I should try out my local area meets before I decide. Don't take offence Marton I think Helen's response is perhaps rather ott given that this is an open forum for anyone to give their views, unlike the PCGB I am beginning to suspect
Old 02-21-2006, 07:18 PM
marton
Drifting

LOL peanut

about
HTML Code:
Don't take offence Marton
If I took offence so easily I would not post here

As you say, people who do not have good arguments resort to rhetoric and insults
I also think some people are getting mixed up between the names "martin" and "marton"; only one letter different
bit like mixing up **** & shot...

I am an ex PCGB member too

Marton

Quick Reply: PCGB. Worth it?