Help: IMS Replacement Tools Needed - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Help: IMS Replacement Tools Needed

Old 01-17-2017, 10:14 PM   #1
WoogieBoogie
New User

Default Help: IMS Replacement Tools Needed

Hi everyone,

I have been on the forums lurking around for a while, but this is actually my first post. I could use some help. I will be performing an IMS Bearing replacement as soon as possible this week or next.

I have a 2000 Porsche 911 996 3.4L. I will be replacing the IMS bearing with a Pelican Parts bearing. I am also doing the clutch and RMS. I still need to purchase specific tools for the job and that is why I am here asking for some assistance. Is there anyone that has the camshaft locking tools for the 3.4L? Bearing removal tool? RMS install tool? I still have to purchase a 10mm triple square and t55 impact bit. Are there any other special tools I need? (I need to get a transmission jack as well still )

I am located in Boca Raton. If you have any of the tools, tips, or can possibly offer a hand if I am in dire need of help and don't mind PMing me your phone number I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
WoogieBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:38 PM   #2
Kevinmacd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Is your Porsche an Ocean Blue coupe?
Kevinmacd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #3
Fracture
Addict
Rennlist Member

Fracture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:26 PM   #4
WoogieBoogie
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinmacd View Post
Is your Porsche an Ocean Blue coupe?
Hi, yes it is. Do you live around here?

Thanks for the link for loaner tools, but if this didn't work doubt that will and I am about to start the tear down
Old 01-25-2017, 12:28 AM   #5
Kevinmacd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes I sold a 2000 Carrera few years back. The reason Im asking If its the same car I did the IMS RMS and clutch at around 40k miles! I live in SE Fl Boynton Beach.

The car was Ocean Blue, with graphite grey interior. It had an aftermarket front spolier painted the color of the car, and Porsche aero side skirts! The last time I saw it for sale was at a Ford dealership in SE Fl. I also updated the car with Porsche bixenon headlights. If its the same car, no need to change out the IMS and RMS. Both done by Orbit racing in Riveria Beach Fl
Old 01-26-2017, 04:13 AM   #6
WoogieBoogie
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinmacd View Post
Yes I sold a 2000 Carrera few years back. The reason Im asking If its the same car I did the IMS RMS and clutch at around 40k miles! I live in SE Fl Boynton Beach.

The car was Ocean Blue, with graphite grey interior. It had an aftermarket front spolier painted the color of the car, and Porsche aero side skirts! The last time I saw it for sale was at a Ford dealership in SE Fl. I also updated the car with Porsche bixenon headlights. If its the same car, no need to change out the IMS and RMS. Both done by Orbit racing in Riveria Beach Fl
Ahh very nice, I wish it was! I bought it just over 3 years ago. She had about 25k miles, at around 55k now (unless the odo was rolled back). Had to replace the water pump shortly after I got it. The car has been bone stock since I got it though. Unfortunately, I need to replace either the IMS or RMS as one of them is leaking oil. Probably the RMS. Hopefully the RMS lol.

I will see tomorrow. Only have the top transmission bolt and the slave to remove before dropping the transmission. Need to figure those out if you have any tips.

Do you know of any local shops you could recommend that can resurface the dual mass flywheel?
Old 01-30-2017, 10:19 PM   #7
Kevinmacd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Give Orbit racing a call they are in Riveria Beach, off beeline. Great shop all they do is Porsches

http://www.orbitracing.com

Last edited by Kevinmacd; 01-30-2017 at 10:47 PM.