Notices

991.1 GTS Paint Protection and Ceramic Coating Application (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 09:39 AM
PatrickC23
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991.1 GTS Paint Protection and Ceramic Coating Application (Pics)

I have been on Rennlist for many years now lurking, but finally got my first Porsche the week before Christmas and have been active over in the 991 forum since I got a 991.1 GTS. The guys over there were and still are tremendously helpful in my research and build of my car before and after and it doesn’t need to be said the wealth of information available here to car/Porsche junkies like us. I just wanted to give a shout out to my paint protection installer who I found out now works down in Sarasota, Florida in addition to New Jersey in case there are guys in the area looking to get paint protection/tints/paint coating and looking for a trustworthy guy. To me, clear bra is clear bra (to a certain extent), however the installer is not – get the wrong guy and you will walk away unhappy. I am in no way affiliated with Lee, but this is the best way for me to thank him for another job well done. All the details of my install are below, if you aren’t a reader, skip to the end as the pics will speak for themselves. This is my 5th car that Lee has worked on for me and as long as he is still doing it, he will always work on my future cars – the job he did on my GTS was just THAT good. Feel free to contact me for more details or pics, but his shop name is LeeBerbs.

After a month of apprehensive driving and avoiding major highways I was finally able to get in for my paint protection and Opti applications. I have been going to Lee Berrebi now for close to nine years, starting out with just tints on my Range Rover Sport and C63. Each time I would go I would always chat with Lee while he did my tints about getting a clear bra someday. He would always recommend, but never push me to get clear bra since I am extremely OCD about my cars. I finally did some research and gave in with my F10 M5 and got paint protection coverage in XPel Ultimate. Before I arrived for that application I had done some research on additional paint protection clear coats and was told by Lee that he had partnered with a detailer named Greg Gellas that runs Signature Detailing and offered Opti and Finest through him in the same shop. Since that day, I will never own a car without an additional clear coating and paint protection. When I traded my M5 in my Porsche dealer even said to me that the condition of my car with the Opti and XPel was so pristine that they really couldn't even attempt to lowball me on trade-in. I did not have a single chip on the entire car. I can remember when I used to wash my black C63 the entire front end was littered with rock chips and the headlights were pitted, that was the last straw for me I guess, it's a small investment.

Lee also did paint protection and tints on my wife's ****** Wrangler and Greg Opti'd it (I know, I know - Opti and bra on a Jeep seems like overkill, but like I said I have auto OCD).

The 991.1 GTS was the first car I picked up during the winter so it was going to be quite a challenge scheduling Lee and Greg based on my delivery, not getting a rock chip on it before I got there, and maneuvering around bad weather since it is about 50 minutes away from me. I contemplated having the dealer doing it as they offered the service and I also called around to well known shops closer to my area. In the end I just didn't feel comfortable with it, it's like going to a new barber or doctor when you already have a great one, why chance it?

As usual, Lee and Greg were unbelievably accommodating in getting me in when I wanted to get in with amazing turnaround time. I'm pretty confident other guys on this forum know Lee and Greg as well and will second my opinion. I don't usually like to attach my name to anything, but I would fully vouch for Lee and Greg and their workmanship.

I don't know rules around posting business info, so all I will say is Lee and Greg work out of Hillsborough, NJ and Sarasota, FL. Its LeeBerbs Paint Protection and Signature Detailing (Greg also contributes to Detailed Image's Ask A Pro Detailer blog). This is the best thank you I can give them.

991.1 GTS XPel application

Full Hood
Front bumper with Lip Spoiler
Full Front Fenders
Headlights
LED Strips
Sport Design Mirrors
Back portion of Rear wheel through rear bumper (shout out to mmaturo and SidVicious for pointing out this area)

Detailing

Wash
Paint Correction/Polish
Opti Pro Plus

Greg said my paint was in good condition, I had asked the dealer not to wax or detail the car, just a simple wash.

Pics below (hopefully it works this time)

Name:  o4OLnci.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  2.32 MB
Name:  Vptsl7c.jpg
Size:  2.26 MB
Name:  cgz4JFk.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  2.44 MB
Name:  tR9zZt8.jpg
Size:  2.24 MB
Name:  S8wZeB7.jpg
Size:  2.25 MB
Name:  sJIUTw2.jpg
Size:  2.07 MB
Name:  07mipAf.jpg
Size:  2.24 MB
Name:  ho2Unej.jpg
Size:  1.71 MB
Name:  5jR3XzT.jpg
Size:  2.33 MB

Quick Reply: 991.1 GTS Paint Protection and Ceramic Coating Application (Pics)