Notices

991 headlight crack. Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:13 AM
andyws6
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 headlight crack. Warranty?

I'm new to this forum board so if this is in the completely wrong place, I apologize. I was just hoping for some advice with regards to a headlight crack I have noticed recently. It does not appear to have been caused by a rock or physical impact as there is no palpable defect. The headlight is completely smooth to the touch and not even a small abrasion. I have seen some cases were things somewhat like these have been warrantied. What's your opinion? I hate to pay an obscene amount of money to replace this headlight if it was in fact atraumatic and potentially a manufacturing defect of sorts. I'm no expert here so just looking for feedback and what some of you would do in my shoes. Thanks in advance

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1446120776
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2015, 09:51 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I saw your other post too. That does not look like a crack. Are you sure? Maybe just a scuff. Is it on the outer headlight assembly or inside on the projector lens (warranty for sure)? Hard to tell from photo. If just on the outside of the assembly, maybe a little wax will remove the scuff. If actually cracked, best you can hope for is an insurance comprehensive claim.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:00 AM
andyws6
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to post in two places, just thought it may get more replies if added to an ongoing post about a similar issue.
it is definitely a crack in the outer casing. You can see it better in person but it was hard to photograph. Would be nice if just a scuff. I could handle that lol.

Quick Reply: 991 headlight crack. Warranty?