Notices

Looking for road course suggestions

Old 03-22-2009, 07:11 PM
993-C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for road course suggestions

Hey Guys,

I could use a bit of help. I'm living in Plantation for the winter and have been without any of my Pcars for the past few months. Long story short, I'm taking deliver of an '09 997 with PDK, and a whole host of other goodies this coming Wedensday (I'll only have it for a week's time).

I could use some help on planning out a few road trips so I can really evaluate the car. I'm used to driving in New England where you can always find a million windy back roads to play on, but here in southern florida it seems like you just race from red light to red light. Anyone have any good drives to recommend??

Thanks,

John
Old 03-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

John,

Around here I'm afraid that you are only left with the tracks (PBIR or Homestead). I have seen some twisties in the general area of the upper Keys but everything else are straights. The local highlights are the exit ramps (595 to US1 north), Las Olas tunnel and that's about it that I know.

Cheers, Juan
Old 03-24-2009, 03:31 PM
993-C4S
Burning Brakes

Juan,

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I love the tunnel, i raced through it the other day in a Subaru STi (complete with full turboback exhaust (3 inches) by APS Air Power Systems). Sound was great!!!

FYI, I just tried your site and couldn't connect. Are you a local shop? What do you guys do?
Old 03-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

I love the tunnel, its great. I love doing 2nd gear pulls in my 69 S, its a real sweet sound when you go over 6K RPMs.

I'm not a shop, just a die hard Porsche and racing enthusiast. I list some of my friends cars for sale and some of the parts we use in my race car. The website is my racing team.

I just logged in with no problems. Try again. I have more contents to upload which will go up soon.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
993-C4S
Burning Brakes

Juan,

I was able to get to the site now, thanks!! I'm a pretty big enthusiast too. If you have a second, check out my site at http://www.PorschePurist.com. If it interest you, you can subscribe for free using this link. I'm always looking for feedback and new people to comment and subscribe.

997 should be here in about 12 hours
Old 04-29-2009, 04:34 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

old cutler road / ingram hwy in miami has some nice twisties... but dont run it at speed. its lined w/ trees, and policed.

please take it to the track. you'll love sebring. pbir is also close and nice. and they are running a night DE coming up...

pics?
Old 04-29-2009, 07:43 PM
993-C4S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrbillfll
old cutler road / ingram hwy in miami has some nice twisties... but dont run it at speed. its lined w/ trees, and policed.

please take it to the track. you'll love sebring. pbir is also close and nice. and they are running a night DE coming up...

pics?
Thanks! I only had the car for a week. I did end up going down to Homestead to try out the launch control and a few other goodies. More to follow as I finish writing up my review...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for road course suggestions