DCI Go-Kart Enduro

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation DCI Go-Kart Enduro

OK guys, since there is interest, we're doing and Go-Kart Enduro at Moroso Go-Kart track.

Time is still to be decided but will be in February, in January Moroso hosts the 24 hr enduro Go-Kart race which unfortunately is too early for us to get a team together and join. They only allow 35 teams and have one slot left but that's too close. We'll have to do it next year, this event will also serve as a good qualifying event to find out who can & want to drive in 24 hr enduro.

Plan is to rent the track for 3-4 hrs and form teams of 2-4 (time and number of drivers per car depens of how many are interested) and do an enduro.

Good time would be from 12-4 and we will have quali first which will take about 30 min. so the race itself should last at least 2-3 hrs.

If for example we have enough drivers, the race will last for 4 hrs, and each team must have equal number of drivers (if one team has one more or less, depending of the number of total drivers, that's of course ok) and each team can decide in which order the drivers drive and also if they want to let one driver drive more than the other. But like already said, this is a team decision and everyone on that team needs to agree.
Each team can have only one professional driver. I don't know anyone here who is one but just in case...

We need to talk to the Moroso people whether this is possible since there needs to be re-fueling. Does anyone know anyone from there or are familiar with them?
If yes, it would be great if that person could call there and ask, we'd have better chance of pulling this off.
They are familiar with this type of stuff since they are hosting the 24 hr event.

OK, anyone who is interested in joining, please post here so we can do a head count and start arranging teams. You can also post as a group if there is few guys who want to be a team.

This is stiss just a "draft plan" so suggestions are welcomed, let's make this a cool event!
Old 12-14-2007, 10:18 AM
hjacobs2000
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in depending on the exact date.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:51 PM
tman
Pro

Count me in.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

sounds interesting !
Old 12-15-2007, 02:11 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Finn,
A 24 hr race LOL,
Must be a lot of fit kart racers in DCI , if not most will not be able to race for more than 15 mins at a time, for a first meet i would suggest 2, 15- 20 min races with a 15 min break between races . 40 mins is a lot for anyone not fit for kart racing , book the track for the number of starters per heat ... to do an enduro on your first get together will put of some , unless all you DCI guys are already racing Karts ..
Old 12-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
sounds interesting !
You're in? Also, for January 09, let's cather a 24 hr team?

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Finn,
A 24 hr race LOL,
Must be a lot of fit kart racers in DCI , if not most will not be able to race for more than 15 mins at a time, for a first meet i would suggest 2, 15- 20 min races with a 15 min break between races . 40 mins is a lot for anyone not fit for kart racing , book the track for the number of starters per heat ... to do an enduro on your first get together will put of some , unless all you DCI guys are already racing Karts ..
You might be correct although I assume everyoe who enters knows enough? If we have 3 hr race and 3 drivers, team can do 30 min. stints. Or if you start fainting, your team can do 15 min. stints?

Seriously, what do you guys think? Is 3 hr enduro too much? And please say if you'd be interested only if the race is shorter so we know what can we do, obviously the race(s) is limited to how manyare coming.

Wayne, you're in?
Old 12-15-2007, 01:53 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Yes , I'm in for the shorter races, i think it 's best as a first time group meet, it would make more for a race , social meet , before deciding on a serious 3 hr event .
Also MJ has to start at the back and the flyweights have to carry ballast

Last edited by A.Wayne; 12-15-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

In Finland our company once did a Go-Kart Cmpany Party with about 30 people. First there was four 15 min pre-qualifying runs, then everyone was divided into 4 groups depending on their speed and every group did about 15 min. qualifying and then 10 best raced (grib was based on the quali time) for 30 minutes.

We could do something with that principle, let's see how many wants to come and we then fiqure out how many runs etc. In fact I'd think Moroso (or Xtreme) already has something like that on their "menu".
Old 12-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I have not been on a Kart in over 5 years. I did a 1 hour race (having not driven one in months) and felt it in my hands, arms and ribs for at least a week !

Very interested depending on the date (got to get permission ). I'm a track time junky and doing karts you learn soooo much......
Old 12-17-2007, 12:54 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

I just found out about this. I have given up all threads on Rennlist since my crash except F1 related threads where A. Wayne is posting. I would love to try this out but am a slave to my schedule. If I am free that day, I am in!

It would be great to see Finn again (I will miss 48 hours for the first time this year) and meet some other posters.

I don't have any karting experience so don't know if I could handle hours of track time but would try...
Old 12-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

You guys can for sure do it. Plus, we'll have drinks after the race, that will take care of any sore arms or souls...
Old 12-18-2007, 11:42 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
You guys can for sure do it. Plus, we'll have drinks after the race, that will take care of any sore arms or souls...

Well she better have longs legs and big tata's for my sore arms and soul,
Ahem , I just realise you are the wrong Finn to talk to about this , i want to talk to the one that stays in the hotel room on race weekends

Last edited by A.Wayne; 12-19-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:06 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

...Also MJ has to start at the back...
What's up with that...
Old 12-19-2007, 06:08 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Well she better have longs legs and big tata's for my sore arms and soul,
Ahem , I just realise you are the wrong Finn to talk to about this , i want to talk to the one that stays in the hotel room on race weekends
No you're talking to the right one...the good thing is that after enough drinks he'll be very quiet...
Old 12-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 31 Posts

I like hotel rooms...

Seriously, this sounds like a great idea! You can count me in, depending on the date. I will be in Asia during 7.1. - 18.1. so if it's before or after that, I'm good to go.

I love go-karts but I hate the morning after (just like I love partying with Cubans but hate the entire day after...)

Quick Reply: DCI Go-Kart Enduro