Notices

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porschedog
So, did anyone go? I was felling pretty crappy most of yesterday, but I did make it out for an unplanned trip to JR Dunn in Lighthouse Point (My ss Daytona came in ).
Nah, didn't make it. There was no response to my above post(s), so I figured I'd be the only one showing up.

Next Sunday sounds good. The lot @ the Old Key Lime house is a little crowded with tight parking spaces. We'll have to park strategically.

Call me when you get a "Paul Newman" Daytona...

They cut an inlet thru Lake Worth?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:53 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 202 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that. But you're on for next Sunday at Old Key Lime House.
Hey Brian, come on out - this one's in your back yard.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:29 PM
CaptB412
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I might be able to make it - but I have fin tix.....so.......
Old 09-14-2007, 10:24 AM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

I plan to be at the Key Lime house around noon on Sunday. I'd say we could set up a place to meet and caravan there, but I suspect it'd be a parade of 1 car.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

I plan to be at the Key Lime house around noon on Sunday. I'd say we could set up a place to meet and caravan there, but I suspect it'd be a parade of 1 car.
I'm coming back from Sebring on Sat night so I'll definately join you guys!
Where are you driving from?
I don't think I can park in the lot there though (there's a huge ditch right as you enter the lot and my car is too low for that)
Old 09-14-2007, 03:14 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

I'm coming up from Hollywood via I-95.
Is the parking lot that bad? I've never been here, so it'll be an adventure. Is there a better place to park?
Old 09-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

Well...looks like I'm out. The damn 3-piece is leaking again, and the Pantera is still in the shop. Does anyone have any idea how to get a bead to seal permanently? I just can't believe that 3 tire shops and a Porsche racing prep shop can't get a freakin' bead to seal.

Have fun, y'all. I'll catch you next time.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

Is there a better place to park?
Across the street or at the boat ramp. You risk having your car backed into by the amateur boat backer-uppers, though.

If you want some free entertainment after lunch, get some lawn chairs and a 12-pack. Set-up with a view overlooking the boat-ramp, kick back and enjoy the show! Husbands screaming at wives/kids, Redneck #1 punching out Redneck #2. Oblivious first-timer blocking the ramp while he loads his cooler, etc.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:55 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm coming up from Hollywood via I-95.
Is the parking lot that bad? I've never been here, so it'll be an adventure. Is there a better place to park?
Are you guys still going? Give me a call when you leave from Hollywood (954.647.5015) if you don't mind!?

I Just washed the car tonight of all the debris that I brought over from Sebring, so I'd be down to go for a lunch/beer thing!

Might as well stay a bit longer and watch the "boaters show"...

regards,

Juha
Old 09-16-2007, 04:04 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

I was there, and it was a pretty cool place. The parking lot has some treachorously high speed bumps and there's a valet who tries to wave you over so that he can thrash your gears, but I was able to get around both.

Old Key Lime House is a cool place - the parking was ok,the food was great and the scenery was great. It's about 1/2 mile inland from the DuneDeck cafe on A1A. Either are a ideal place to meet and then cruise back up A1A through Manalapan, Briny Breezes and on into Delray.

On the way up to Lantana, as we were on the entrance ramp to I-95 at Hollywood Blvd headed North, this silver beauty came blasting by. Anyone know the car?
Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2007, 04:09 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

The restauran tis a historic spot, so it has some value for the kids to see it - to be able to have seen a building made of wood in South Florida - that's pretty rare these days. It's a big biker hangout, but they're all Yuppies, so no worries on that front.

The WereWife posed in the lobby with a statue of the founder, and then we settled her in for a few beers.
Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2007, 04:12 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

I meant to check the thread to see if anyone else was going, but I didn't, so I apologize to Joha for not calling.

As you can see, we had a bunch of room if a whole group had shown up. Next time I'll sit over by the bar where there's a bit more going on.

I definitely would recommend Old Key Lime House as a worthwhile meeting place or destination for a South Florida Weekend Day Trip.

Ask for Jennifer G as your waitress - she's newly arrived from Long Island (but isn't obnoxious) and is a fine wait-person. Have her tell you about her snorkeling adventures.
Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

The WereWife posed in the lobby with a statue of the founder, and then we settled her in for a few beers.

Thanks for captioning this one. At first glance, I thought it was wifey and you after a month on the South Beach diet...
Old 09-18-2007, 06:26 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

You think I'd wear that hat after Labor Day?!??!? Oh my - you must think I drive a BMW.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:29 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

So, who's up for a drive? Come on - let's go somewhere! November is too far away (the Islammorada Run is a pretty safe bet)

We have Old key Lime House in Lantana, Roland Martin's on Lake O, Bok Tower for the adventurous among us, the Biltmore for a Dade County "come heavily armed" run, etc etc.. Hey, if it keeps cooling down, we can even do a run to Alabama Jack's in a few weeks

Quick Reply: Sign up fo a "Lope to Lantana"