Notices

Naples FL / Revs Institute Late 2021 Mini-Meet and Tour?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 07:21 AM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Received 718 Likes on 480 Posts
Default Naples FL / Revs Institute Late 2021 Mini-Meet and Tour?

Anyone interested in the Naples Florida area interested in a mini-meet up and tour of the Revs Institute?

Thinking maybe a Saturday morning, perhaps this fall,would work best.

Concept would be a low-stress gathering in a parking lot or other large space for coffee and conversation, from 9:00 to 9:30, then motor to Revs Institute for a tour starting at 10, then departing on your own before lunch. If you aren't familiar, the Revs Institute is a fantastic collection of cars related to the Collier family, located near the Airport:

https://revsinstitute.org/

Revs is only open 10A-4P Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. All tickets must be purchased in advance online. Adult Tickets are $20 each. It takes typically 2 hours to go through on your own. Docent-led tours (maximum group size: 10) are $30 each. (I've done the Porsche Docent tour; it is fantastic).

If this is of interest, post back and let me know what weekend(s) do not work, or work best, for you. I'm retired and fairly flexible about times and dates. I'd be there with Mrs. Rich and our 991.2 (see avatar). Be glad to meet some of ya'll.
Old 08-25-2021, 11:23 AM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Here are some possible date(s) to ponder; these line up for me:

- Saturday, 13 November 2021, 10:00AM General Tour ($20)
- Saturday, 11 December 2021, 10:00AM General Tour ($20)

Same date(s) for Docent-led tours are available, BUT tickets for the Docent tour are $30, and the time(s) for that tour are 11:00AM or 1:00PM only.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:56 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 1,031 Likes on 512 Posts

I've had my eye on this place for a while and been waiting for a time when I can take my wife and kids. I'll keep an eye on this thread though but it's hard for me to commit to dates only because my family schedule changes frequently and often times with little notice. Great idea though!
Old 08-25-2021, 03:36 PM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
I've had my eye on this place for a while and been waiting for a time when I can take my wife and kids. I'll keep an eye on this thread though but it's hard for me to commit to dates only because my family schedule changes frequently and often times with little notice. Great idea though!
No worries, I appreciate it's hard to wedge in an event in advance with a busy family. FYI, they are online sales only; they don't do walk up tickets. The small gift shop (which can be accessed without a ticket) has a few kids size clothes and a few car-centric toys and such like (or adult toys; they had a Porsche Boxer Model for $299 IIRC). The museum doesn't use ropes or barriers, at all, you can walk right up to the cars. There are several volunteer docents stationed within each exhibit area to help guide people. They are there to answer questions and I've found them all universally helpful and knowledgeable, but obviously they don't want you to touch the cars.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:19 AM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 805 Likes on 382 Posts

At this point I should be able to make either date. I'll keep checking back to see how things develop. Also know a few neat spots for a beer or something to eat around the area that could be part of the plan.
The following users liked this post:
Rich_Jenkins (08-26-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 08:32 AM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vicbastige
At this point I should be able to make either date. I'll keep checking back to see how things develop. Also know a few neat spots for a beer or something to eat around the area that could be part of the plan.
Great! Perhaps we can nail down a date in a week or so, say by Friday 9/3, to give folks a chance to respond. Also, If some are interested in a Docent-led tour we can make that call too. Otherwise, the regular admission to the museum works (it is self-guided), and folks can stroll through at their own pace. My wife made a face when I told her I was organizing a tour (Revs? Again?!) so it might just be me lol. They do have a lot of cool cars tho.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:36 AM
USMMA
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

I’ll keep an eye on this thread as well, it’s been 3-4 years since my last tour of The Revs Institute, what an amazing collection it is
Old 08-27-2021, 09:49 AM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 692 Likes on 452 Posts

I'm in! I live in Naples and LOVE this place. With the exception of SEMA week I'm flexible - let me know what Saturday.
We could meet at Craft Sports at the end of Horseshoe drive at Airport road or Naples Motorsports. Craft Sports has a decent size parking lot.
Naples Motorsports hosts C&C the first Saturday of every month. (no July)

Last edited by XLR82XS; 08-27-2021 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:22 AM
JRoman21
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR82XS
I'm in! I live in Naples and LOVE this place. With the exception of SEMA week I'm flexible - let me know what Saturday.
We could meet at Craft Sports at the end of Horseshoe drive at Airport road or Naples Motorsports. Craft Sports has a decent size parking lot.
Naples Motorsports hosts C&C the first Saturday of every month. (no July)
Am in Naples and experienced this place for the first time 2 years ago. What a treat for every automotive lover! As a 1st time Pcar owner as of 3 months ago, am sure it would take my appreciation to yet another level. I would be love to join!
XLR82XS (08-27-2021)
Old 08-29-2021, 11:03 AM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins
Here are some possible date(s) to ponder; these line up for me:

- Saturday, 13 November 2021, 10:00AM General Tour ($20)
- Saturday, 11 December 2021, 10:00AM General Tour ($20)

Same date(s) for Docent-led tours are available, BUT tickets for the Docent tour are $30, and the time(s) for that tour are 11:00AM or 1:00PM only.
Ok! Looks like we have several interested. In the interests of nailing down a date, I will pick SATURDAY 13 NOVEMBER 2021.

I'll take a final count on Friday September 3. If we have 10 or less, I would highly recommend getting the Docent led tour; the gentleman who did our Porsche-specific tour was great, and I would expect a similar experience. Note: The Docent led tour is at 11AM, and the cost is $30. I would plan for a couple hours.

If we have 10 or more, that's fine too, we can do regular admission at 10AM that day, and the cost is $20 for the self-guided tour.

DON'T ORDER TICKETS YET

I will call Revs next week and discuss the above two options, perhaps they can work something out if we have a group slightly larger than 10, or perhaps get a couple groups. Obviously this will depend on how many people commit.

I'll also ask them about ticket purchases; I am planning that each person/group purchases their own tickets, and that Revs has a system to associate the tickets into groups by name; I'll ask them when I call about this. If they ask me for a Group Name, I'll use something like "RennList Porsche Mini-Meet 13 Nov".

Reference parking, Revs has spaces right of the museum, as well as overflow parking in a grass/dirt field. I am sure they are used to dealing with clubs, so I will also ask about parking options. I'll update the thread with more info by Friday 9/3 to allow folks to make final arrangements, order tickets, etc.

Thanks for the interest, stay tuned, and if you have any questions, post them in the thread.

Rich

Last edited by Rich_Jenkins; 08-29-2021 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-29-2021, 12:59 PM
Tobermeier
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are interested in attending on Saturday November 13th. We will be traveling north from Marco Island to join the group. As this will be our first visit to the Revs Institute we would prefer to participate in the guided tour.
Old 08-29-2021, 01:17 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 1,031 Likes on 512 Posts

I'm definitely out for that weekend but you guys are going to have a blast! Look forward to seeing some pics from this adventure!
Old 08-29-2021, 09:42 PM
MB 911
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

If you make it closer.to noon it would be a good drive for Miami and Fort Lauderdale Porsche owners. I remember a few years ago Gold Coast PCA did a drive to the Naples Porsche dealer, had lunch, them both PCAs went to the Collier Museum
Old 08-30-2021, 09:11 AM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 692 Likes on 452 Posts

Tentative for me as I may still be in Vegas (SEMA)

Last edited by XLR82XS; 08-30-2021 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:47 PM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

I spoke with Whitney at Revs this morning.

Options included me fronting the cost of 10 x $$ (minimum group size is 10) and collecting from each of you, or she indicated each interested member of the group could purchase their tickets online themselves. After discussion, I decided as the organizer I would prefer each person to pay their own cost.

Tour options included regular tour, docent tour, and docent tour+workshop walkthrough (offered at 10:30). Having been on the docent tour, it is great, and I thought adding the workshop walk-through would be interesting, so I opted for that. Whitney and I will keep an eye on the ticket sales and she will aggregate us together. She understands this is a Porsche-focused group, and we'd like to spend time on the P-cars. If you do end up calling her, you can pass along my name as a reference for our group.

So: If you would like to join the Naples FL / Revs Institute Mini-Meet and Tour, you can now go online and order your tickets. Be sure and click on "Docent Tour and Workshop Walk-Thru", for 11/13/21 at 10:30 AM.

https://revsinstitute.org/visit/tick...covid-workshop

Details are:

- Tour: Docent Tour and Workshop Walk-Thru
- Date: Saturday, November 13, 2021
- Time: 10:30AM
- Address: 2500 Horseshoe Drive S., Naples, FL 34104
- Group Organizer: Richard Jenkins
- Revs POC: Whitney, Group Sales, (239) 687-7387.
- Cost: $35 (per Adult)
- Planned Length: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Option to tour museum at leisure after
- Rest rooms: Go past front desk into main lobby, angle right/along far wall

If you are interested, order now; tickets are limited. November is a busy time for the museum apparently.

I'd appreciate a quick heads up here in the thread if you do plan on joining me and my wife, so I can get an idea of the folks coming. Once more folks sign up, we can confirm logistics and whether anyone is interested in a pre-meet breakfast/coffee or a post-meet lunch. We'll be driving down from Venice, so most likely I will be at Revs parking by 10:00 and inside the museum check-in desk area by 10:20.

And just in case anyone wonders what I look like, I'm the old retired guy in glasses. Any questions, lemme know. Rich

Last edited by Rich_Jenkins; 08-31-2021 at 01:05 PM.
XLR82XS (08-31-2021)

Quick Reply: Naples FL / Revs Institute Late 2021 Mini-Meet and Tour?