Notices

can anyone eyeball a car for me @ Ft Meyers Porsche? Or tell me about their exp with

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 12:07 PM
asneiman
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default can anyone eyeball a car for me @ Ft Meyers Porsche? Or tell me about their exp with

I've found a car I'd like to buy at Fort Meyers Porsche, but don't know if I need to fly down there and inspect the car myself. Are these guys honest? Do they do a good job with their CPO process? Any good and/or bad experiences with them? Or, is anyone in the area who can check the car out in person for me?
Old 09-19-2019, 11:41 PM
991.1GTS
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

[QUOTE=asneiman;16114774]I've found a car I'd like to buy at Fort Meyers Porsche, but don't know if I need to fly down there and inspect the car myself. Are these guys honest? Do they do a good job with their CPO process? Any good and/or bad experiences with them? Or, is anyone in the area who can check the car out in person for me?

They are a solid dealer with a great reputation.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:06 AM
asneiman
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the feedback, unfortunately, I ended up having a negative experience with them. I've been searching for the "right" car for some time, bought one, then had to return it after a bad PPI, found another in Miami but wasn't 100% sure about it, but was about to get it checked out and fly down there, then the guys at Ft Meyers Porsche posted one that just arrived. My wife loved the colors, it had a great carfax, good maint history, etc.... I called them, and it was about to go through the CPO process. I wanted to put a deposit down on the car, and was told I didn't need to, the owner/GM, sales manager, internet manger were all standing there and would give me first right of refusal. They said they wanted to put it through the shop first. I asked several times if I could put a deposit on the car, and they kept telling me no, it would be ok.

My thoughts were, we make a deal, I maybe have someone eyeball it, then I pay for it, and have it shipped. I wasn't even going to fly down there because I figured it was a Porsche dealer, not some independent, and the pictures all looked good.

It was supposed to be 100% done with the shop late yesterday, or this morning. I call down there a couple of times yesterday, text the salesperson to get status and don't hear back. Then finally yesterday afternoon I ask for the owner. He calls me back late last night and said they just sold the car.

He knew I wanted the car, but told me a couple came in who have been looking for one in that color and they bought it. He said he was sorry. I asked what they paid for the car, and it was $3000 more than the listed price. He then asked if I wanted the salesperson to call me, and I asked what good that would do, and his response was, he can apologize too.

My gut kept telling me they were going to sell it locally, but I am still a little shocked that a Porsche dealer would act like the "used car salesman" stereo type.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:53 PM
nolan12
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear it. It's difficult to trust anyone these days.

Quick Reply: can anyone eyeball a car for me @ Ft Meyers Porsche? Or tell me about their exp with