Notices

hyperlinks not responding

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default hyperlinks not responding

HI. I'm a new member and an admitted computer barbarian, so please excuse my ignorance. For some reason I can't figure out, whenever I click on the hyperlinks, nothing happens. Also the same thing happens when I click on the smilies [more] box. It won't change and give me more options. I noticed at the bottom of the page, there is a box of Posting Rules that contains {IMG} code is on, and below it, html code is off. Could this have something to do with it? I don't know what IMG code is or if it is turned on in my computer or how to do it if that is the problem. Maybe it's something completely different. Could you please help me to get it working. Thanks. L.Stroup member #070328-5587
Old 03-19-2007, 07:04 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by l.stroup
HI. I'm a new member and an admitted computer barbarian, so please excuse my ignorance. ....
Hi L...!

OK - I'll get you set (errr - I HOPE!! )

While you are reading this message - at the top of your browser - I want you to go to "HELP" - then "About Internet Explorer".. When that opens - please post back your version number...

My guess is you are running Version 7.X - and if so - I'll walk you through how to get your links back, OK??

(And thanks to Marc!! Just read your note in the Mod forum!! Also - my thanks to all the others that replied to this thread... Keep that up - and I'll make you all part of the Rennlist Tech Support Team - which is just an Army of "one" right now )

John D.

Test Link
Old 03-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Hi John. Thanks for helping me out. By the way, that's a nice white car you have there.
You were right, I have IE 7.0. I don't know if you read about the other fix tries that failed so far, but I don't have this problem on any other web site or even in the e-mail I get from Rennlist that has links in it, just in the forums themselves. Remember I am just learning to use the computer, so hold my hand and talk to me like I'm 5, and don't skip even the obvious. Thanks for your patience.

John, somebody must have done something over on your side, because my links are now working. Or maybe it took a few start cycles for my computer to recognize the trusted site entry I made 2 days ago. Who knows, computers are strange beasts! Thanks for all your efforts on my behalf.

John, now the links are disconnected again. Earlier when they were working, the screen format had changed to full screen of the Q&A's without the left side split showing all the forum names listed in red. Now that it has returned to the split, the links are out. I don't know what I did differently than before. This is confounding.

Last edited by l.stroup; 03-20-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Admin
Administrator
Rennlist.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey L...!!!

OK - I'm posting as the ADMIN - which is the account I use with IE 7 for testing... Here's what i want you to do.. When you enter the Forums - BOOKMARK (or Save) this link:

https://rennlist.com/forums

What's happening is that your IE "phishing filter" is over-riding itself - and it doesn't like a "frame" page. Make sense?? Probably not - but don't worry about it for now - if you use the link above for the Forum.!!. I'll walk you through how to modify your filter in IE if you'd like the jump column on the left...??!!

Let me know how the link above works.. (If it won't click open for you - drag your mouse over all the text above - and COPY it.. Next - PASTE it into the top of your browser - and that should work, too )

Best to you!

John D.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

John, John, John. Bookmarking,cut and paste all mean something to you. I've heard of these terms but don't yet know how to use them. Sorry for being a total moron, but I do know that if you list step by step what to click on, I have had success following these kinds of instructions to accomplish things on the computer. Don't assume anything. I know it's kindergarten stuff but I'm still in preschool. Thanks for your patience.
I just set up a google account so I'll be able to use the bookmarks when you give me my next lesson. It's google 4.0.
OK, I stumbled around with the bookmark and got that link address you had in your post, into the bookmark. When I opened the bookmark and clicked rennlist, it took me to the site but other links are still not responding, so you'll still have to walk me through that. By the way, my internet provider has been bought out by comcast, and my e-mail address is soon going to change. How or where do I go to update that with Rennlist?

Last edited by l.stroup; 03-20-2007 at 01:11 PM.

Quick Reply: hyperlinks not responding