Notices

How to Copy Reply to other Forums

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 06:48 PM
Frabjous
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to Copy Reply to other Forums

Help, please. I subscribe to the US West Region news and replied to a thread request there. My reply would interest several other forums: PCM, 911 and 996/997/997.2 and others. How do I copy or link or refer the request and my reply to other forums/threads? TIA.
-jb-
Old 01-15-2024, 10:43 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 715 Likes on 496 Posts

i don't think that your response recommending a specific installer is worthy of a cross post, it's a pretty specific question/response.

cheers,
robb
Old 01-15-2024, 03:28 PM
Frabjous
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thanks. Instructions?

Rob, thanks for this. I see that now. I'm just learning the site. About this question, can you point me to instructions for cross-posting a thread or forum?
Old 01-23-2024, 04:40 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,307 Posts

There is no "share this post to another subforum" function or button. However, like any other webpage, you can directly link a post or thread in another post by pasting the link into the body of your post. Each post has a permalink you can copy at the top right on the desktop site; it's the number of the post itself. For example, this post will have a "#4" label on the top right. Clicking the 4 will link to this specific post.

To Robb's point though, I also recommend against spamming subforums with area-specific information. Area-specific information is, appropriately, to be located in the area-specific subforums.

Quick Reply: How to Copy Reply to other Forums