Notices

BEWARE: Targeted seller impersonation by 997 Rennsport <rennsport906@gmail.com>

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2023, 11:06 AM
sqweak
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 90 Posts
Default BEWARE: Targeted seller impersonation by 997 Rennsport <rennsport906@gmail.com>

Yesterday I replied to a marketplace thread that I was interested in a part. The member got back to me via pm and said he'd get back to me later. Later that evening, I got an email from "997 Rennsport <rennsport906@gmail.com>" (attached) saying they had the item available and asking for my details. Except, I'd never given the seller my email! While I did reply 🤦‍♂️, I also pm'd the member back to ask if it was them and they confirmed it wasn't.

Now, it's not that hard to guess an email given my handle is 20+ years old, my social accounts have my real name, and an overwhelming majority of people use gmail. But it's still an interesting and ballsy attempt to insert themselves into a transaction hoping to take the money and run. Buyers beware!

Old 09-22-2023, 11:20 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 715 Likes on 496 Posts

these 'man in the middle' attacks are super common these days. I would suggest using google to search rennlist.com for your email address, chances are you've posted it here someplace.
The following users liked this post:
sqweak (09-22-2023)
Old 09-22-2023, 12:12 PM
sqweak
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 90 Posts

nothing comes up from a quick search, but not that concerned on finding source. Just wanted to give a heads up.
The following users liked this post:
Robb M. (09-22-2023)
Old 09-25-2023, 09:45 PM
yosshaa
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 28 Posts

BEWARE OF 997 RENNSPORT

confirmed scammer, tried to sell me the wrong rennsport parking pass, and when I told him I needed one for 991 he just so happened to have the first image search result... lol loser. Also wanted payment via pay pal friends and family.

rennsport906@gmail.com

PayPal to:

horacie@yahoo.com

Rosemberg Horaci De La Pava

Via friends and family.

phone number he gave:
Old 10-04-2023, 12:10 PM
GT3 Rey
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 47 Posts

The same thing happened to me. I replied to a for sale post after I had PM’d the seller. I received an email from the same email address that you have listed. He proceeded to send me photos of the item that are completely different than what the real seller PM’d me. I sent him a link to this post and he said that he had no such interaction and that this post was a lie. Don’t trust this guy. He’s definitely out to scam someone. This post should be stickied so all members are aware.

Quick Reply: BEWARE: Targeted seller impersonation by 997 Rennsport <rennsport906@gmail.com>