Notices

Inactivity timeout / logout is too aggressive. Or is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 02:15 PM
damage98MO
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 212 Posts
Question Inactivity timeout / logout is too aggressive. Or is it just me?

Hi Folks
Thanks, first of all, for this great resource. I'm happy to sub and believe the site is more than good value.
I just have a Q about the auto logout feature. Has anyone else complained about it? Every time I leave RL or get distracted, I'm logged out, seems like very quickly. Of course I have not timed it.
Is there some setting that might keep me logged in? I use Windows latest, Chrome latest. I have AdBlockPro and Ghostery extensions, but RL is trusted and so they are not active.
The logout is also happening on mobile, Android latest Samsung S21.
Annoyingly, when logged out, the ads are extremely intrusive and affect navigation. So I have to scroll way up, get to the login, login (I use Oauth Google) and then my place in the long thread is lost.
Can you help at all? Thanks!
Old 06-07-2022, 10:04 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 699 Likes on 486 Posts

that should not be happening. How are you logging in, with a password, or with fb/google integration? try deleting your rennlist cookies and then logging back in. you can test run this by using a private browser window and seeing if you remain logged in using that.
Old 06-07-2022, 03:37 PM
damage98MO
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb M.
that should not be happening. How are you logging in, with a password, or with fb/google integration? try deleting your rennlist cookies and then logging back in. you can test run this by using a private browser window and seeing if you remain logged in using that.
Hi Robb, I use Google oauth, but I can also login with email and password. Seems to behave the same regardless. I'll try with incog mode and let you know. Thanks!
B
The following users liked this post:
Robb M. (06-07-2022)

Quick Reply: Inactivity timeout / logout is too aggressive. Or is it just me?