Notices

Help! Cannot Edit Initial Post in Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2022 | 01:20 PM
Huddleston
Rennlist Member

Default Help! Cannot Edit Initial Post in Build Thread

I started a build thread for my 997.2 in October and have been adding to it over the months but I am unable to edit the first post in the thread. I do see the option to edit some posts, but not the original one.

I have sent several messages to the admins through the contact us feature but have not heard back. Any assistance is appreciated!

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...era-build.html
Old 04-07-2022 | 01:39 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

I haven't received a single email from you that I am aware of via the contact us link and they come to me.
Please use the 'report post' feature to request and submit your edits. Please include the full text for the post including your changes when you submit the post report.
Old 04-07-2022 | 01:53 PM
Huddleston
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Robb M.
I haven't received a single email from you that I am aware of via the contact us link and they come to me.
Please use the 'report post' feature to request and submit your edits. Please include the full text for the post including your changes when you submit the post report.
i sent both using the contact us feature in the footer. No confirmation email is received after a request is submitted so I’m not sure how I’m supposed to verify a request was sent. I sent one two weeks ago and another one an hour ago.

I will attempt your solution this afternoon.
Old 04-07-2022 | 01:58 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

weird. I tested it just now and the form is working. Also searched my email for your address and there truly is nothing.
Old 04-07-2022 | 03:10 PM
Huddleston
Rennlist Member

weird. I tested it just now and the form is working. Also searched my email for your address and there truly is nothing.
Not sure what to tell you lol.

I JUST submitted another one as well - maybe there is a larger issue at play.

Old 04-07-2022 | 03:12 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

i have not received your contact us email, and you filed the reported post incorrectly. Please include the full text of the OP with your edits included in the post report body.
Old 04-07-2022 | 03:13 PM
Huddleston
Rennlist Member

Submitted a request via the report post feature to be able to edit the post. I am able to do this in the marketplace on on other posts FYI, just not this particular post.
Old 04-07-2022 | 03:13 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

there is a 45 day limit on editing posts.
Old 04-07-2022 | 03:21 PM
Huddleston
Rennlist Member

there is a 45 day limit on editing posts.
Sorry, so it is not possible to edit the original post in the build thread and update photos or do I simply not have permission to do so?

Am I correct in saying the only way to edit this post is to submit a special request anytime something changes?

Old 04-07-2022 | 03:58 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

this is generally correct. if you use the report post feature and include the full text including new updates as the body of the post report, our community team will keep your OP updated.
Old 04-29-2022 | 10:29 AM
Huddleston
Rennlist Member

this is generally correct. if you use the report post feature and include the full text including new updates as the body of the post report, our community team will keep your OP updated.
I used the report post feature in the thread to request that the modification list and photos be updated in the introductory post. Let me know if I need to approach this in a different way. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Help! Cannot Edit Initial Post in Build Thread