Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 01:03 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,100 Posts
Default Picture upload broken

$(subject) says it all.

I'd post a picture of the completely blank error dialog with only an 'ok' button... but I can't.

Latest firefox. All javascript APIs enabled.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:19 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 743 Likes on 515 Posts

This is specific to your 'my posts' album. Please create another album and use it to upload photos. You have posted far too many questionable images and it's created some problems which are above me.

cheers,
robb
Old 06-21-2020, 11:47 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Robb M.
This is specific to your 'my posts' album. Please create another album and use it to upload photos. You have posted far too many questionable images and it's created some problems which are above me.

cheers,
robb
“Questionable” images? That sounds accusatory. Please be specific. Have I violated IB’s T&Cs in some way. If so how?

The vast majority of images I’ve uploaded I have taken with my own camera and they are pictures of 928 parts.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:32 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

i don’t have specifics yet, what i posted is basically all i’ve been told. won’t know more until Monday. Typically in the past when this has occurred its due to a specific type of image which gets to the top of the also now removed trending page of the photo gallery.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:44 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Doesn’t help. There is no option to choose destination album when uploading from post editor.

So, I can no longer post photos directly.

I wait with bated breath on the subject of the origin of this: bug? policy? or someone’s decision?
Old 06-21-2020, 12:45 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

yes, you can not upload directly to posts, you can still upload to a different album in your gallery.

this decision was made above my pay-grade hence the lack of info.
Old 06-21-2020, 01:27 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

this decision was made above my pay-grade hence the lack of info.
So, this was not a technical glitch. A *decision* was made to deliberately cripple my account?
Old 06-21-2020, 02:59 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

with all due respect, your account is not crippled. you can still interact with the community and i have provided you with a work-around to upload images until i get more details during a meeting on monday. this was done late on friday after i had left the office. i apologize that i do not have more information to provide. please enjoy the rest of your weekend and i will update you here tomorrow afternoon.

cheers,
robb
Old 06-21-2020, 04:02 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

with all due respect, your account is not crippled. you can still interact with the community and i have provided you with a work-around to upload images until i get more details during a meeting on monday. this was done late on friday after i had left the office. i apologize that i do not have more information to provide. please enjoy the rest of your weekend and i will update you here tomorrow afternoon.

cheers,
robb
Robb, I respond to what you wrote. If you had responded with "I don't know, I'll look into it on Monday" then that would have been fine. You used "far too many questionable images" which is either your choice or something you were told. In either case I should be allowed to ask the question "why."

As for crippled, yes, the account is crippled as per the definition pertaining to inanimate objects. I am still able to use the account, but at least one facility is degraded to the point where it is not worth it to make use of it. And thus, crippled.

Your above message again describes this as a purposeful decision that was made (after business hours on a Friday.) This decision was made and then carried out without notice or explanation. A certain level of indignation on my part should be expected based specifically on what you wrote.

If I have posted one or more images that are in violation of a copyright then let me know and provide me with the ibsrv.net URLs so that I know which images are "questionable."

Again, if this degradation of facilities is the result of a technical glitch then I would appreciate knowledge of the image that provoked the glitch so that I can refrain from triggering it again.

I cannot imaging that I have posted images that are offensive to the vast majority of Rennlist visitors.

I understand that on the weekend you cannot answer these questions.

Old 06-22-2020, 01:49 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Your ability to upload images should be resolved now, apologies for the inconvenience!

cheers,
robb
Old 06-23-2020, 11:32 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Your ability to upload images should be resolved now, apologies for the inconvenience!
That’s it? No explanation?

Quick Reply: Picture upload broken