Notices

Website blocked :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 12:34 PM
tekkie
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Website blocked :(

Hi guys is there anyway to fix this? the company i work for migrated our internet access to a Menlo security product and since then i get this error here. We do not have this problem with a single other website I spoke to our security team ( i am also in IT) and of the 30,000 people we have i am the only one that has found a single website with this problem

Error 1005 Ray ID: 58c24f6d48c8eaa2 • 2020-04-30 15:31:32 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

The owner of this website (rennlist.com) has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in (14618) from accessing this website.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:35 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,395 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Try Chrome.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:46 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 695 Likes on 482 Posts

This happened recently to a European member also. They had their ISP contact me, and all I could do was to suggest the ISP contact CloudFlare, which is an anti-DDOS service we subscribe to, to see if they could resolve the issue directly. A few days later the members access had been restored. I guess I am suggesting your IT peeps contact CloudFlare directly to have a similar conversation. Is this possible?

cheers,
robb
Old 04-30-2020, 01:07 PM
tekkie
Pro

Originally Posted by Robb M.
This happened recently to a European member also. They had their ISP contact me, and all I could do was to suggest the ISP contact CloudFlare, which is an anti-DDOS service we subscribe to, to see if they could resolve the issue directly. A few days later the members access had been restored. I guess I am suggesting your IT peeps contact CloudFlare directly to have a similar conversation. Is this possible?

cheers,
robb
Hi Robb

from what i am reading this should be could be done by each website, i found a lot of people complaining about this problem on cloudfares site https://www.siteground.com/tutorials...rustblock-ips/

we are not on any other blacklists other than cloudfare for some reason. We have no control over the IP's that is all managed by Menlo we do not use our ISP's IP's, the ones we have work perfectly. Up until now i have just been changing my proxy to the one where our ISP IP address is being used but they are going to phase that out

can you try adding the IP to see if it solves the problem? I will have to look and see if its coming from one IP or if there are a bazillion IP's which is what i bet it is
Old 04-30-2020, 01:22 PM
tekkie
Pro

yeah as expected its not a single IP its using a bunch of IP"s in 168.245.155.X i found 4 in just a few mins .... ughhh cloud IP's are a pain

they have just a few IPs
https://networksdb.io/ip-addresses-o...o-security-inc
Old 04-30-2020, 01:23 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 695 Likes on 482 Posts

I'm going to bet your menlo is routing traffic through AWS, which CloudFlare has blocked.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:25 PM
tekkie
Pro

Originally Posted by Robb M.
I'm going to bet your menlo is routing traffic through AWS, which CloudFlare has blocked.
most likely, those are a damn nightmare creating firewall rules etc

I sent a mail to the guy leading this awesome menlo project if he has any ideas.
The following users liked this post:
Robb M. (04-30-2020)

Quick Reply: Website blocked :(