Notices

Signature Font

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2019 | 12:04 PM
JS
Race Car

Default Signature Font

How to change font and size in signature?

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2019 | 05:53 PM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Doesn't look like you have a signature set up.

To change the font size and font, you put a tag around the part you want to change. "Tagging" is putting some information in brackets - your browser interprets these tags and alters what is displayed on the screen, but hides the tags themselves.

A beginning tag will be in the format [ xxxx ] but without the spaces, and where xxxx is the instruction for your browser. An ending tag is the same thing but with a slash: [ [b]/ xxxx ] (again, I added spaces because otherwise the browser would see what I typed as a tag and hidden them)

If you look at the "code" for the web page, if I wanted to make the word, cat, bold, it would look like; [ b ] cat [ / b ] (but without the spaces in the brackets) - bi is the code for "bold"

Some of the buttons you see in the reply window will automatically tag the text. For example, the B, I, U, and S at the upper left of the reply window will add the tags for Bold, Italics, Underline, and Strikethrough automatically to the selected text Try it sometime - reply to this post, select some of your text, and click one of the letters. Then click the Source button in the far right, and you can view the tags that were added.

This is what my signature code looked like when I made it size 2 (smaller than normal, size 3 is about normal, 4 is a little larger than normal) and Times (New Roman). Not every font will be supported. If you know the name of the font, just type it between the brackets

Right now, my sig is just in quotes

Compare these two - first one, I used buttons in the reply window to tag different words in the text. Second pic, I clicked on source to look at the tags that were added. U is the code for underline, S for strikethrough, I for italic, red for red

When there is a choice, there is an = sign (e.g., font=xxxx)

Old 01-16-2020 | 04:09 PM
2000m2
Racer

Helpful, thanks

Quick Reply: Signature Font