Notices

Some advice on a 2005 Porsche Cayenne!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 11:47 AM
RowdyRackmount
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some advice on a 2005 Porsche Cayenne!

Hello all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section; I will be glad to repost in the correct one! First time here!

First off, this forum has been of invaluable help to me since I decided I would like to get a Cayenne for my mum! I went out to test drive an Audi Q7 and almost bought it, but my mechanic found the engine leaking so walked away. The Cayenne was nowhere on my list, but after driving one, its on the top!

My problem is as such:

I have an option between two cars: both are 2005 Porsche Cayennes!

1. 2005 Porsche Cayenne (V6, 3.2), 130,000 kms, fully loaded with air suspension, white on tan, first owner, asking $13,000 CAD

2. 2005 Porsche Cayenne S (V8, 4.5), 170,000 kms, fully loaed with air suspension and panoramic roof, silver on tan, first owner, also comes with Porsche Black Alloy Rims w/winter tires, asking $10,500 CAD

I really like the second car, but the high mileage is a little concern for me (is it valid!?!?) The panoramic roof and the V8 engine make it that much more appealing and even the price is quite low! I am not sure whether the coolant pipes have been replaced!

The first car seems like a very safe choice and is run 40,000 kms less as well! Other than that, I believe its a very standard car as compared to the S.

Keeping in mind this is for me mum, all advice will be welcome! Should I even be considering these cars? Most of my friends have told me to stay away and its cheap for a reason! I understand that maintenance will be a little more expensive as compared to her Jeep that she drives right now, but am planning to keep the car for no more than two years!

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to give as much info as possible and am looking forward o all your responses!

Cheers!!
Old 09-06-2016, 11:56 AM
RowdyRackmount
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I figured this should be in the general Porsche discussion forum; apologies, moderator please close this thread at your convenience! Thank you!!
Old 09-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Actually most all threads should be in the relevant model tech forum.

In your case that would be the Cayenne forum.

Good luck in your search!

Quick Reply: Some advice on a 2005 Porsche Cayenne!