Notices

Screen resolution for this site?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 01:48 AM
oldfrat
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Screen resolution for this site?

I'm having a new to me problem where this site shows up huge on my monitor, forcing me to do lots of sideways scrolling. It only happens with this site. I adjusted my monitor's screen resolution to make this site fit, but now all other sites come up with tiny font.

Any tips most gratefully accepted.

Brad
Old 12-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Dave928S
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

To increase or decrease the size hold down Ctrl while using your scroll wheel. I use this often to zoom in and out on fine print or photo details.

You probably inadvertently hit Ctrl while you were scrolling a page at some time.

This will probably be moved to the member help and test forum ... which is the go to area when you're having these sort of issues.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:11 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,691 Likes on 1,099 Posts

I've noticed that the tech for this site does not auto-size pictures when you view a page. So, when someone posts a picture that's 5000 pixels wide you end up with a 'page' that's twice as (or more) wider than your screen (and then you have to scroll sideways to read the posts.)

If this is the behavior to which the OP refers, there's nothing I know of to be done about it. IB doesn't invest in this site other than to add support more advertising. And there's no chance in Hell of getting everyone to resize their pictures to <1280 wide before they add them to posts.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:57 AM
FLYVMO
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 22 Posts

For those of us with a Mac, batch resizing images is very easy. Follow the instructions in this link to make all Reenlist bound pictures a more suitable size

http://osxdaily.com/2011/12/20/batch...ing-automator/

To oldfrat: not sure what OS you are using, but on a Mac, in Safari, just click on the large or small "A" in the toolbar to make text/images larger or smaller.

Cheers!
Carl
Old 12-12-2014, 10:02 AM
WallyP

Rennlist Member
Rennlist Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

In Windows, hold CONTROL/Ctrl and hit + or - to change size.

Quick Reply: Screen resolution for this site?