Notices

post deleted WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012 | 12:55 PM
billswim
Rennlist Member

Default post deleted WTF?

So, I posted in a member's for sale ad asking a polite question about pics and payment details yesterday. He replied to my inbox that the pics were up in his thread. I went to the thread and not only are there no pics but my post is gone? I'm a paid member. I'm a real person, not a bot. My question was clear and respectful, on topic, totally legit.

Is it because I'm a fairly new member with only a couple of posts? I've seen this on other boards but I wanted to buy, not sell.

Any idea what happened?
Old 11-11-2012 | 01:18 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Are you sure it was a Member? Ads are a privilege reserved for paying Members. Those posted by "Users" don't stay for very long as mods delete them.

Regards,
Old 11-11-2012 | 01:47 PM
billswim
Rennlist Member

His ad is still up. It says member under his username.

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-marketplace-old/725063-fs-993-parts.html

It seems like just my post was deleted. I'm 100% certain my post was up for a little while at least as he responded via PM. I thought maybe he got mad because I didn't respond to him immediately and he deleted my post but OP doesn't usually have that privilege do they? It only took me 1 day to respond to his PM. Just don't understand why.

Edit: Well it would seem that he had two threads. One in member to member and one in the regular for sale. I got confused as to which forum I responded to him in. My post is still there and the pics are up. Thanks. Feeling a little stoopid on Sunday morning.

Bill

Last edited by billswim; 11-11-2012 at 03:01 PM.