The Place to Praise or Condem a Vendor

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 04:37 PM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow The Place to Praise or Condem a Vendor

We have all read with some interest or perhaps disgust, the diatribes levied against certain vendors. Rather than post them all over the Rennlist Boards, why not use the Feedback Forum?

Also, let me suggest that rather than just venting our anger and frustration over negative experiences, we also give praise where it is due. I am just as interested in hearing about your positive experiences as I am the negatives.

Flame wars are ok - they just don't belong all over the Board

that's my 2¢
Old 08-21-2001, 06:28 PM
TOM314
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a positive experience with a vendor. After the article in Excellence about the 930S steering wheel, I searched all over to find it. I ordered one from ajusa, I guess they are the only one's that sell it. The installation was easy enough and it looks fantastic! Thumbs up to ajusa.
Old 08-22-2001, 08:50 AM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Smile

We have all read with some interest or perhaps disgust, the diatribes levied against certain vendors.

I've most recently read with disgust a diatribe leveled against a customer.

When Rennlist made the 'Feedback' area, I wonder, was it meant to be 'feedback to companies' or 'feedback to the webmasters'? I always thought it meant feedback to the Webmasters of the Rennlist board - but I could be wrong.

I personally think it's quite useful to have feedback about a company or organization up front and public. I think it's all in how you do it: You can start a 'flame war' with a company, or you can level a strong criticism, or you can just suggest they need improvement. You can do it well or you can do it like a jerk. I've seen both kinds of commentary here.

I'm looking to restore an older Porsche and I want the experience to be pleasant and 'incident' free, so I'm relying on others to help throw up red flags and point me in the right direction where getting parts and products is concerned.

Just my $0.02.
Old 08-22-2001, 12:41 PM
George 911-V8
Pro

Location: The Swamp Lands of Louisiana, The Deep Dirty South 2 Miles From Pimp City
BIG are you going to put a small block in it? If so I will guide you in the right direction if need be. The board is also meant to be a fun thing also.

SWAMP MONSTER
Old 08-22-2001, 05:59 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Smile

Re: Am I going to put a small block in it?

In where?

Um, I mean, which one do you mean? I have three. I won't put a V8 into the 931 - the car is just too nice to mess with right now.

I've been thinking lately I might put one in the 1979 924 if I can do it without going through Renegade. But I'd only do this because it was totalled in January and won't be a proper road car again anyway - but it'll be a great straight liner. I like the idea of the Rover engine that Adie was talking up the other day...

See? I'm open minded where these conversions are concerned! Heh.

I'd never bastardize a 911 like that however...(needle needle)...unless I was high on crack.