Notices

Alternate forums

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 12:04 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Alternate forums

Hi, What section do you recommend for guys whose interest is V8 and Non-Porsche conversions? The topic doesn't readily fit into the 911 area or any existing category. Where should people go if they want to discuss their conversion?
Old 07-20-2001, 09:09 PM
Garey Cooper
Rennlist Member

If I understand your question you are interested in forums that would support a non-Porsche engined chassis? If so there isn't much that is directly related to that specialized topic on the board (that I know of). You might visit the boards that are related to the chassis you are using? Such as if you have a V8 in a 964 chassis visit that board.
Old 07-20-2001, 11:23 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Smile

Yes. There are guys who are interested in using the Porsche chassis who've installed Chevy V8's into their cars. It's a terribly specialized topic, but still, there is crossover in the Porsche products they do use...shocks, suspension, brakes, body, torque tube, transmission and lots of others. I personally do not have a converted product - but they clearly do come here and look for others to share information. I just wondered if there was (or could be) an avenue for them here on Rennlist.
Old 07-21-2001, 11:52 AM
Ran
Rennlist Member

The "Upgrades/Mods" forum is the one that comes to mind. If nothing else, it qualifies under "Mods" if not under "UPgrades". And it would make for interesting reading as it would be all new to me even if it is something I would never undertake myself.

Best of luck and I will read it though, with my limited knowledge on the subject, I would probably never be able to contribute.

Cheers
Old 07-24-2001, 04:51 PM
Jenn
Admin
Rennlist Member

Hi!

The Performance/Modification forum is where we recommend you post; however, if it becomes an issue of getting flamed we can set up a seperate area for v-8 conversion folks if you can round up a few folks that would be interested in it.

HTH,
Jennifer www.rennlist.com

Originally posted by BigPorscheGuy39:
<STRONG>Hi, What section do you recommend for guys whose interest is V8 and Non-Porsche conversions? The topic doesn't readily fit into the 911 area or any existing category. Where should people go if they want to discuss their conversion?</STRONG>
Old 07-26-2001, 12:02 AM
adie
Pro

You can Hide us there if you want,It's not a place I'd look for scanning the boards, I like conversions better than modifications, I am aware that we do cause some forms of anxiety for otheer posts however I do believe that they are the most talked about topics. The aim is to allow people to discuss, I havn't yet explored the site fully yet so I'm sure that there are many areas of interest but I am naturally lazy on a computer so I go directly to the area that I recognise as what fits my car. I'll keep an eye out on the mod's section however I don't think that we'll fit in with the upgrades and will encounter a lot of hostility, however a takeover may be on the cards .
Old 07-26-2001, 03:34 PM
Carlos
Banned

I agree Adie. I just don,t see what the issue is. It's like some people think the "purity" of the board will be contaminated or something. I adhere to the "get over it" school of thought. If one has an issue about a particular topic on a board, is it not a whole lot simpler just to ignore it than to try to start a revolution? By the way, is an audi engined 924 a Porsche / Audi conversion? Just a thought.

Trending Topics

Old 07-26-2001, 11:03 PM
adie
Pro

Intersting thought, maybe it can be called a Powdi.
Old 08-14-2001, 06:40 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Red face

Carlos, Adie, my reason for asking for a separate board was:

1. One source for conversion-minded people...so rather than explore 11 or more boards, they could just go to one board;
2. Less confusion for others. People who don't have interest in conversions can go to their own area and know that they are reading about the stock car.

Simple.
Old 08-15-2001, 10:00 PM
adie
Pro

You were a milk monitor at school wern't you???
Old 08-16-2001, 11:34 AM
PorscheV8Killer
2nd Gear

Smile

It looks like Adie is going for the Anti-Social Personality of the Month Award...
Old 08-16-2001, 11:52 AM
adie
Pro

If I was going to do that I'd hide behind an alias, instead I generally have an interest in 944/24's and just happen to have a V8 version as well as others, I'm not a purist but I'm also not afraid!
Old 08-16-2001, 12:18 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Smile

Hey Adie, is that chip on your shoulder salt and vinegar or sour cream and onion?

Btw, I like my alias! It's easy to remember and it's fun! I had to choose between either "BigPorscheGuy39" and "BigPorscheGuy40" in anticipation of turning the big four oh. I opted for the Jack Benny route and defaulted to the younger age...when I turn 40 I might change my mind.
Old 08-16-2001, 12:45 PM
adie
Pro

I'll talk to you when you older then, shame I thought better of you but it seems your injection system has decided to leave the alcohol in the drivers seat, I should get that fixed if I were you, you don't want to loose all that combustable material about with all your flaming and hot air.
Old 08-16-2001, 02:15 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Ha! Hey man, I keep the alcohol in the glove box for the drunken, winge-ing, mewing Brits! I figure that since they are a defunct imperialist empire turned third world country, since they endlessly blow each other up, and since they have no currency of their own, and their only claim on high culture and modern cuisine is 'fish 'n' chips' served with soggy, overcooked vegetables cooked by women with bad teeth, they have more to drink about than I do!

Quick Reply: Alternate forums