Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 11:04 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

You said:

"You're "brave on the telephone" and we're all impressed."

I'm not trying to impress Carlos. First, I'm refuting your claim with your own words and showing that responsibility for the divide between purist/non-purist is shared. Second, I'm saying the purists aren't the only bad guys here and it's thus grossly unfair to blame them for the flame wars, scream "Arsonist!" and point fingers at the same time that you are casually pouring gasoline on the fire.
Old 08-29-2001, 11:49 PM
George 911-V8
Pro

Location: The Swamp Lands of Louisiana, The Deep Dirty South 2 Miles From Pimp City
BIG: chill out a bit over there and turn on the heater. Carlos and me only act after being acted on. Purist believe that if the air in the tires isn't from germany its not a real porsche, give me a break. The board is all good and at times better than a jay leno show.

SWAMP MONSTER
Old 08-30-2001, 12:24 AM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Thumbs down

George: When you say that you and the other conversion guys only respond to comments by others that statement is false. The words of a total stranger sum it up best:

"George, dude why are you always trying to start ****??"

Anyways. George, you guys have a real bone to pick with 'purists' for whatever reason. But regarding your comment:
"Purist believe that if the air in the tires isn't from germany its not a real porsche"
True, you will hear collectors say stuff like that, but they aren't racers, and they likely aren't on the board, so why fight? I don't understand why you guys blame 'purists' for your woes here. You guys go into an area for, say, 996 guys, blast talk about your cars all over, tell everyone in the forum how slow their type of car is bound to be compared to yours, and then wonder why they don't welcome you back? Jesus Christ. If you had your own area, and used it, maybe people wouldn't be 'unwelcoming'. Doesn't it occur to you that when you go into an area to stir up ****, when you go into their space, trash their cars, and call them morons, they're gonna react badly? You don't feel you have ANY responsibility for that bad blood? Is the thrill in pissing people off? Or just in insulting them? I don't get it.
Old 08-30-2001, 01:35 AM
George 911-V8
Pro

Location: The Swamp Lands of Louisiana, The Deep Dirty South 2 Miles From Pimp City
BIG: There is always two sides to a story. Purist have had their heads stuck in sand when it comes to all out performance. I comment on post that I feel I can back up with pure facts not fiction. When purist get their feelings hurt they get a little out of pocket. I have received private e-mails thrashing my car but have yet to see any action. Like my statement goes BIG LINE EM UP OR SHUT UP and its always real quiet. I have seen purist with their big dollar 993tt talk a good game but when I leave them like they are tied to a tree and of coarse take their money they blow a whole different tune. I have no problem with porsche purist to be honest without them I would not have the car I have now. Like Rodney Kings says can't we all get along.

SWAMP MONSTER
Old 08-30-2001, 07:15 AM
adie
Pro

So how come when I first started out on this board, you and otheres wanted to know about my car and then rubbished it.
Old 08-30-2001, 08:06 AM
Carlos
Banned

Big, I am going to act on some advice given to me long ago by an oriental friend. I believe the statement is attributed to Confuscious and it goes like this: "Never argue with a fool. Passers by may not be able to tell which is which."
Old 08-30-2001, 10:37 AM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Thumbs down

George: You said: "There is always two sides to a story." EXACTLY GEORGE! Finally ONE of you has the integrity to take half of the responsibility for some of the attacks. At least ONE of you doesn't portray himself as an abused, downtrodden waif. You're right George, TWO sides. Now that we can move beyond responsibility, wouldn't you enjoy an area on Rennlist where you can talk V8 conversions on 911's with other guys and women interested in 911's?

Adie: My point has been simple - I think you should NOT eschew responsibility for the unpleasantness here. The conversionists and purists have ALL been equal participants in it. I TOOK responsibility for my part in it already Adie, and I'm not going to dwell on it. Why can't you take responsibility for yours?
e.g., BigPorscheGuy39 ...Tracy chapman would then sing 'talking about an evolution', please slant 4 engine circe 1930's by SAAB, it's good but no exactly up to Stradivarious, you gave us Dr.Pepper, I give you 924 with V8 power-try it, you might like it.
So here you are Adie, on OUR 924 area telling us we need V8's in our cars. Again, it's the NON purist doing the trashing.
Are you holding a grudge so badly that you can't be civil and have to paint the 'purists' as bad guys? AGAIN, I ask:
Why can't you take responsibility for your end of it?

Carlos: Again, you're back with the insults. Come back and talk when you can speak to people with respect and, if you haven't got the skills to speak to other people with respect, then at least find the COURAGE to take responsibility for your actions.

You've each been equal participants in ANY unpleasantness between yourselves and the 'purists'. Stop blaming them for troubles you brought on and encouraged yourselves.
Old 08-30-2001, 12:27 PM
adie
Pro

Talking

Carlos, how right you are, I think some people confuse torque with talk, as soon as someone found out what sex I was, they slammed that to, now I believe that was personal and unprovoked, what say you now?
Old 08-30-2001, 12:41 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Thumbs down

Slammed for your sex Adie? Get serious.

Gee...let's see how I did that...here's a copy of the WHOLE post...
Uh oh...Adie is casually dropping her gender in front of Carlos...looks like a mating dance to me. Good God! If they mated they'd probably have a child-car that looked like this: <Picture of a modified Honda>
Or this: <Picture of a Lada V8 cartoon>

Oh yeah, that was SO INJUROUS to your gender! What a HORRIBLE SLAM ON WOMEN EVERYWHERE! Call the ERA! Where's Gloria Steinam? And it was SERIOUS too! Call the medics! A cartoon of a Lada with a V8...ooohh how cruel, I can see how that would make you upset.

...you can't be serious.

There is NO comparison to calling people IDIOTS and MORONS Adie. Think about it.

Sheesh. Oh no, there aren't TWO sides to it, there's only YOU and Carlos being beaten up by little old me and you two being passive, gentle, innocent wee creatures. I TOOK responsibility. When can YOU find the courage to do the same? You can't. Every fight you get into is SOMEONE ELSE's FAULT right? Either mine, or the 'purists'. It's all someone else's fault - in your case, it's always the fault of the 'purists'.

Until you have your own space, these unpleasantries will continue, as you contribute to the flaming of other people's cars, they flame yours, and so on. The hope in starting this thread was that a new area would give you all a place to discuss your conversions so you wouldn't have to go to other places to shove your brand of car talk down the throats of people who enjoy their stock machines.
Old 08-30-2001, 03:39 PM
Carlos
Banned

Hey Adie, I seem to remember some comments from big about English women's teeth and house trailers and incest in Tennessee. I guess we were supposed to consider those compliments. He's just upset 'cause he got smacked around and didn't have sense enough to stop. It's like the old saying, "what's the best thing about hitting your head against a wall? How good it feels when you stop."
Old 08-30-2001, 03:57 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Thumbs down

Re: "comments from big about English women's teeth and house trailers and incest in Tennessee"

I took responsibility for my words, unlike you. I clearly said that each side has contributed to the fighting - as noted in previous posts. An admission you ignored and a fact you denied. But what can I expect?

You pick fights, blame others, then deny you had any part. Integrity? Nope.
Old 08-30-2001, 04:16 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Again, after I note that purist and non-purist alike have contributed to the divide between each, Carlos denies that he had any contribution to insult, derision and the like...

Carlos said:
"...the trash talking that seems to so negatively impact the purists generally resulted from attacks (personal and otherwise) from, not on the purists"

I went over the lists and looked for exactly HOW Carlos has been passively sitting by while the purists have maligned him. I present the following round of Carlos favourite personal attack and invective for the record:

In the 996 forum, (and Carlos does not own a 996 - he just goes there to **** people off) Carlos writes:

"...Carlos from Spain, you're an idiot..."
"...Chris Johnson, you're an idiot too..."

Further down the list, Carlos conversional pal George adds:

"1. Carlos from Spain (idiot)..."
"2. Chris Johnson (moron) ..."

Carlos, of course, is abused by the purists, and he only defends himself, right? In Purist Killer forum Carlos writes:

"The purpose of the post was to irritate guys like you..."

I guess irritating these other guys was part of Carlos' "making friends" policy:

"If things like this really bother you, see a professional. The turbo boards are probably full of guys getting rich trying to help guys like you deal with their insecurities."

Carlos isn't beyond getting down and dirty - he can insult using threats of male rape!

"Too funny Darryl. Why'd ya ask? you lookin' for a date? I'm not gay but I've got a big black friend named Buck who is"

In Shark Bites 996 Carlos decides to be indirect, again, he's not 'causing' anything! That's because Carlos has been abused by the purists. So ANYTHING Carlos does is CAUSED by those big bad purists:

"You have the same problem as a lot of guys. You are so enamored by statistics that reality passes you by. The difference between you and me is this: I understand that my car is not really very fast. But for some of you guys to come to that same realization is somehow akin to losing a dick measuring contest"

And who can forget his graceful replies here?

"snivelling *** whiner scared to drop the clutch"

I took responsibility for purist mistakes in discussion here. But I'm not doing so three times. The above insults show you have contributed to and escalated the unpleasantness - despite your claims of innocence. You come onto boards like the 996 board, or the 924 board, start fights, call people names, enjoy doing it, brag about it, and then blame others for the unpleasantness.

Pity that whomever raised you failed to teach you about being a man - that very inept person failed to teach you about 'taking personal responsibility'. You may have a nice car Carlos, but you have no integrity - and what's sad for you is that integrity, unlike your Strosek wheels, isn't a bolt-on.
Old 08-30-2001, 04:54 PM
adie
Pro

Exclamation

I was talking personally, you obviously call this discussion so from here on in it will be replied to as deserved.

Quick Reply: Alternate forums