Notices

John This board has got to be changed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 05:18 PM
Maxeemum
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post John This board has got to be changed!

It seems as posts that have new replies get priority over the older ones. The older ones get pushed down and never are heard from again.

Honestly, i think the old system was better. Really, i gave this board a chance, but i honestly I don't feel the same excitement for this board. I used to anticipate coming to work to check out the new posts on this board, now everyday I am seriously disappointed.

I don't know if anyone else hear feels as I do, but i think the fact that you have to register for this board also takes away from the action.

Was it worth it?..You all seemed to be worried about removing charles from the board, but u have removed much more, and you still have not gotten rid of charles....
Old 06-20-2001, 04:07 AM
Ofer
Advanced

Thumbs up

Easy there..Lets give it a little time to soak in. I think some of the reduction of traffic is due to the new categories (i.e. 996 separate from 993). I think that with another week or two's time, we'll see traffic start to build again as people get used to the board.
Old 06-20-2001, 04:33 AM
homemark
AutoX

Unhappy

What really gets me is the totally ridiculous passwords that we have to remember. This is meant to be a fan based forum and not a way of accessing my bank account details.

Why not let us choose a password that we can actually remember?
Old 06-20-2001, 05:41 AM
Ofer
Advanced

The passwords are easily changed to something easier to remember.
Old 06-20-2001, 04:48 PM
Jenn
Admin
Rennlist Member

Hi Homemark,

If you goto "my profile" at the top right hand of the screen and from there select "view/update my profile" you can change your password to anything you want.

HTH,

Jennifer
Old 06-21-2001, 03:19 AM
Dave H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can see it from here!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It seems as posts that have new replies get priority over the older ones. The older ones get pushed down and never are heard from again.
and this is wrong how, exactly? why shouldn't new posts get priority over the old ones? you've already read them. besides, it's not even a matter of "priority", threads with new posts come to the top. why should old threads stay at the top and make you go hunting for the new posts?

but i think the fact that you have to register for this board also takes away from the action.
why? can't change your name to flame people?

Why not let us choose a password that we can actually remember?
you don't need to remember it, if you have cookies on you're always logged on. unless you click "log out" by you name...

Quick Reply: John This board has got to be changed!