Notices

IE is OK but Firefox won't open forum pages.... FIXED ... mobile theme issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Dave928S
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts
Default IE is OK but Firefox won't open forum pages.... FIXED ... mobile theme issue

Firefox is my main browser but last night it started giving me grief. It will load the main site page, and a few other sub menu pages, but won't go to forum pages. It just goes in a loop of half loading on the progress indicator, and then reloading ad infinitum ... the sub forum pages just won't load.

It happened straight after I had a play with the style chooser at the bottom left of forum pages to try different alternatives.

IE works fine, so its not my computer. It must be a problem with Firefox, but I've tried all the obvious things like clearing cookies and temp files. It's only in Rennlist forum pages in Firefox that I have this problem.

I searched this forum and found that mobile theme users are also having this endless loop refresh problem.

What's the problem?

Last edited by Dave928S; 01-20-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Dave928S
Rennlist Member

Bump ..
Old 01-20-2011, 03:03 AM
Dave928S
Rennlist Member

FIXED .....

I had a dig in to Firefox as I figured it had to be a cookie which was remembering the mobile theme style ... it was!
I went to tools on the header menu ... then to options ... then to privacy tab ... then to show cookies button .... scrolled down to Rennlist cookies ... clicked on them to reveal the list .... the one that gives this problem which should work for mobile users having the same problem is the 'style' cookie. All the others have names that reveal their function, like pwd, etc, and this one has style in its name. Delete that single cookie and it solves the problem of the endless loop refreshing.

This fix should solve the same problem with cell phones ... but you'll not be able to use that mobile theme because it obviously must still have a problem ...??

Quick Reply: IE is OK but Firefox won't open forum pages.... FIXED ... mobile theme issue