Notices

Issue with new Log In Method and Mobile Devices, IPod Touch!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Issue with new Log In Method and Mobile Devices, IPod Touch!

I have been having issues with Rennlist, and 6SpeedOnline, and my 32Gig IPod Touch as of today. I guess it has to do with the new method of Logging into the website using a Facebook, and other Social-Networking websites, and password!

The issue is when I try to access the Forums the webpage starts loading into the IPod Touch; after a few moments the web browser closes. The only other time I have encountered this situation is when there are too many Pictures that are on the webpage. I'm using the regular version of the website, not the mobile version, as my IPod never has issues with load times using my WiFi connection at home.

I tried using the Mobile version of Rennlist and have encountered the same "Closing of the Web Site" when trying to view the forums.

Just a heads up. Any suggestions on my end would help. I usually cruise the forums here and there, 6Speed, 90% of the time using my IPod Touch.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Why not access RL directly using forums.rennlist.com/rennforums
Old 07-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Same issue, loads up the webpage but then after a few moments the browser closes again. Is there some new scripting going on with the new method of logging in?
Old 07-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

I was having the same problem trying to log into 6SpeedOnline with my IPod but now they seem to have fixed the issue; don't know if it actually fixed itself or what!?

Does anyone know how much scripting was added to the website to add the new log in features? Could be the new feature is a little messy and the IPod OS and IPod Safari are having issues crunching the code?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 699 Likes on 486 Posts

hey Tacet-Conundrum, very sorry to hear of your issues.

If it's now working on 6speed, it should work here, as it's the same product on both sites. If I could suggest one idea that I think may solve the issue. Please clear the cookies on your iPod. You can do this in the Apple settings app, then in the Safari app settings. I believe that when you return to the site and log-in, your issues will be solved.

If this does not help, please post back and I'll try to work through this with you.

cheers,
robb
Old 07-16-2010, 02:49 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by Robb M.
hey Tacet-Conundrum, very sorry to hear of your issues.

If it's now working on 6speed, it should work here, as it's the same product on both sites. If I could suggest one idea that I think may solve the issue. Please clear the cookies on your iPod. You can do this in the Apple settings app, then in the Safari app settings. I believe that when you return to the site and log-in, your issues will be solved.

If this does not help, please post back and I'll try to work through this with you.

cheers,
robb
Thank you robb I will see if that works next time I get on my IPod.

It is a little funny why it would be working fine on 6speed and not here. Though I spend way more of my time here than there.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 699 Likes on 486 Posts

We just updated the product here this week. It's quite possible that is what lead to your stale cookie.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

cheers,
robb

Quick Reply: Issue with new Log In Method and Mobile Devices, IPod Touch!