Notices

Rennlist Mobile

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 07:55 PM
IB Adrian
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you using the standard BB browser? or Opera Mobile or another plugin browser?

It should show the site - minus all the formatting and images to make it load quicker, and be easier to navigate.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:52 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Standard BB Browser....I actually have both a Curve and a Pearl (which sucks)....and it's the same on both....full screen...all the pics and impossible to navigate.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:41 PM
IB Adrian
Administrator

Try deleting your cache.
I checked on my 8310 Curve with the standard BB browser and it detects it.

On a seperate topic, download this:
http://www.opera.com/mobile/

Let me know if you still have issues!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:29 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
I have made the iPhone default to view the regular forums, and not the mobile one!
Thanks!
What if I DO WANT the mobile version on my iPhone? It was there for a day or two.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Mobile version is a plesure on my Bberry!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:28 PM
IB Adrian
Administrator

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
What if I DO WANT the mobile version on my iPhone? It was there for a day or two.
Scroll down to the bottom left hand corner of the page and select "rmobile" from the template dropdown list
Old 07-19-2009, 02:55 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
Mobile version is a plesure on my Bberry!
^ + 1 on my Samsung i760 (Windows Mobile 6.1) as well.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:30 PM
N_Halbert
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mobile site does not seem to be rendering correctly on my Blackberry Curve in Opera Mini Beta5. I get a screen split 50/50 top to bottom. The left half has the navigation menu way over to the left and the right side has the mini version of the forums. The page is 2-3x the length of the text on the page.

When you zoom in it is readable but there is a lot of scrolling to go from forum to forum via the menu.

Also, I found if I use the return button on the BB (loop back arrow) and do not use the "up" link to go back to the previous page all subsequent forums/threads I attempt to go into end up being the the last one/first one I had selected.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:45 PM
IB Adrian
Administrator

Hey Neil!
What url are you going to?

Try the following:
https://rennlist.com/forums

Let me know if that fixes it!
Old 12-06-2009, 01:27 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Adrian, I've seen a couple of really slick implementations of vBulletin 3.8.x, and, in particular, its mobile app for iPhone -- you can jump directly to the page # or last post from any list of threads, for example, and I find its control panel to be far more intuitive.

PM me for details if you want to explore the possibility. (I'm not affiliated with vBulletin).
Old 12-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I have questions. Several of them, I hate to say.

1. When I view from my Bberry Curve (believe it's an 8320) usually I get highly formatted pages rendered with rennlist blue headers, etc., with larger print and pics listed as separate links and sometimes I get a very no-frills page that is all white and with smaller text and links. I like the white version as it's quicker to load. How can I get that more reliably? (Haven't noticed how pics are handled on those pages yet as I don't see them much, so am hereby reserving my god given right as a woman to complain further after you field my current questions. )

2. When I jump from page to page, NONE of them refresh automatically. Not the forums, not the threads, not my subscription page, nothing. EVERY time I navigate anywhere I have to refresh my page, even just to see what I have just posted! This is very annoying as I am living basically in the sticks these days, and I'm lucky to catch a signal long enough to get a page to completely load once, let alone twice.

3. Why can't I access my control options pages? The only link that shows on my User CP for my options is "Edit Signature". I want to change other stuff.

4. Why can't I delete previous posts? Sometimes when I'm posting, my signal/phone jam and it doesn't appear that my post went thru. I hit "submit reply" again and then when I get to the thread (and REFRESH again, dammit), I find my post is there twice!

5. Similarly, I cannot edit a post because even though the link to edit my post is there after the post, when I tried to edit one post and got to the next page I discovered there was no button to submit the edits I had just labored over!!

6. I cannot search thread titles apparently, only text?

7. Where is the link for posting a new thread??

For reasons I won't get into right now, Bberry is my ONLY access to Rennlist these days, so this is all very confusing/frustrating. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I've been noticing that pages are refreshing automatically sometimes in the past couple of days. Does this mean you're working on it?

Old 12-10-2009, 03:39 PM
IB Adrian
Administrator

Originally Posted by Leslie 928 S2
I have questions. Several of them, I hate to say.

1. When I view from my Bberry Curve (believe it's an 8320) usually I get highly formatted pages rendered with rennlist blue headers, etc., with larger print and pics listed as separate links and sometimes I get a very no-frills page that is all white and with smaller text and links. I like the white version as it's quicker to load. How can I get that more reliably? (Haven't noticed how pics are handled on those pages yet as I don't see them much, so am hereby reserving my god given right as a woman to complain further after you field my current questions. )

2. When I jump from page to page, NONE of them refresh automatically. Not the forums, not the threads, not my subscription page, nothing. EVERY time I navigate anywhere I have to refresh my page, even just to see what I have just posted! This is very annoying as I am living basically in the sticks these days, and I'm lucky to catch a signal long enough to get a page to completely load once, let alone twice.

3. Why can't I access my control options pages? The only link that shows on my User CP for my options is "Edit Signature". I want to change other stuff.

4. Why can't I delete previous posts? Sometimes when I'm posting, my signal/phone jam and it doesn't appear that my post went thru. I hit "submit reply" again and then when I get to the thread (and REFRESH again, dammit), I find my post is there twice!

5. Similarly, I cannot edit a post because even though the link to edit my post is there after the post, when I tried to edit one post and got to the next page I discovered there was no button to submit the edits I had just labored over!!

6. I cannot search thread titles apparently, only text?

7. Where is the link for posting a new thread??

For reasons I won't get into right now, Bberry is my ONLY access to Rennlist these days, so this is all very confusing/frustrating. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
The Mobile template is a WIP - and doesn't include all functionality currently.

Quick Reply: Rennlist Mobile