Notices

Gallery Issues... any word??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Gallery Issues... any word??

Hey,
I have decided to redo my gallery a bit and make easier navigation, better organization, etc...

The option to "move photo" so I can move photos into a different folder is extrememly slow. It virtually never loads. A window pops up, but even 5 minutes later nothing shows. The "reorder" command, and "rename" and other modifications work. It just seems to be that one "move" command.

Is there any way to get around this, or something I can adjust? Any particular reason I get this only with that command in particular?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 03-17-2006, 10:20 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Tony..!

The Rennlist Gallery sits on its own dedicated server - so, it should be pretty fast?? Can I ask - are you using the web interface to load, edit, move? If so - what type of connection are you dialed into when you try that???

Also - can you pop me the URL you have for your album(s) (like mine - which would be this:
http://gallery.rennlist.com/cayennegallery/stuff

Let's see if I can't help you out, OK?

Thanks!

John
Old 03-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Well I view it from various browsers and it does the same on each. I am on a DSL connection. Everything else is fast. Is there some other interface I can use? (im on a winXP system) I thought the web interface was the only way.

The address I use is http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/blues2
Old 03-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Ok, I decided to try again with Firefox. My IE and AOL browsers both time out and give 502 errors. I let firefox go for 3 or 4 minutes and it finally pops up and works.

I'm wondering...does it take so long because it needs to compile a list of every photo in the main gallery and each folder???

Quick Reply: Gallery Issues... any word??