Notices

Request: Can we make uploaded images display VERTICALLY???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 03:46 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Request: Can we make uploaded images display VERTICALLY???

Hi Jenn & John!

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Someone uploaded a bunch of photos, in one post, and when the page loads, all the photos load HORIZONTALLY.

This is especially a pain in the *** if there is any text in the post, because it wraps above the photos making it a royal PITA to read.

Is there any way to change the UBB coding, or any hacks on the UBB tech forums, that will change the rennlist forums so that attached images display VERTICALLY, so it's much easier to view them?

keep up the good work J&J!

Rich
Old 12-30-2005, 02:01 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rich,

I was experiencing the same problem as you, but I found that if I let the whole page load with the attachments, and then refreshed the page they would usually stack vertically. It's worth a shot, might work for you too.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:39 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Rich,

I was experiencing the same problem as you, but I found that if I let the whole page load with the attachments, and then refreshed the page they would usually stack vertically. It's worth a shot, might work for you too.
Nope, doesn't work for me Mike....

Maybe it's because I'm using Opera???
Old 01-02-2006, 12:40 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be your broswer, I use Mozilla Firefox and it works fine? Maybe John has a more in depth answer as I know jack about forum coding. I'd suggest just trying something else to see if it's on your end?
Old 01-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Both Opera and IE do the same thing.

Doesn't matter how big the attachments are, they all stack horizontally instead of vertically.

Note: I am talking about uploaded image ATTACHMENTS, not [IMG] tagged links!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:19 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Yep,

It's an IE and Opera problem... What happens is when folks don't use a CR between their pictures (IMG insertions and attachments) - both Opera and IE (using standard settings) will string the pictures together. Mozilla based browsers render a "space" between IMG calls differently (or properly) where it will send the layout into the proper format. You should be able to have Opera work properly - just tell it to impersonate the Mozilla protocol, rather than IE (I haven't tried that yet - but it should work??).

Best to you!

John D.

Quick Reply: Request: Can we make uploaded images display VERTICALLY???