Notices

Issue with linking to other rennlist threads

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 01:33 PM
SRL
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Issue with linking to other rennlist threads

Unlike any of the other car forums I take part in, when I click on rennlist to get to the main title page, the address that shows in my Firefox browser is "www.rennlist.com".

As I proceed to the forums, that address stays the same. This makes it impossible for me to bookmark the forums page - so every time I go to the site, I have to click through three pages before I can get to the forums.

Additionally, when I'm in a thread, again the address is always just "www.rennlist.com". That makes it impossible to copy and paste a thread into another thread as a link.

Clicking on page properties doesn't help.

Is there a setting I need to change, or is it possibly an issue caused by using Mozilla Firefox?

While I'm not the world's most internet (or computer) savvy person, I seem to get along ok with these things on other forums.

Any help appreciated.

Scott
Old 08-02-2005, 06:09 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right click on the thread title, Scott, then pick 'properties' (or, maybe, 'copy shortcut', depending on your browser)- you'll find the URL there.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:25 PM
SRL
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Ahhh, there it is...never thought to go back and right click on the thread title....thanks, John! I was even able to bookmark the forums that way!

Quick Reply: Issue with linking to other rennlist threads