Notices

Engine Fraud/Perrin Burse

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 05:15 PM
tvprdcr
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Fraud/Perrin Burse

Do a search for Perrin Burse of Cincinnati, Ohio and you will find information about all the races in 2003 this man has participated in around the country with his race team JHF (Just Having Fun) Racing. What the search won't tell you is how this man becomes invisible after a business deal.

For example, I answered a post listed by Perrin Burse of Infinity Management, Cincinnati, Ohio for a 92, 964, 3.6 liter engine 2 weeks ago. We talked day and night about how he purchased this perfect engine to use as a spare engine for his racing. And, he never had to use the engine during the race season. The 37k miles engine sat on a pallet in the truck.
Perrin explained that every month his race team JHF (Just Having Fun) Racing would pull the plugs from the engine, shoot oil in every cylinder and turn the engine to keep it in perfect condition.

On March 3rd, Perrin Burse offered his personal guarantee saying that, I may return the engine if it is not everything he said it was. Perfect! March 4th, after hours of phone conversation and the guarantee, I wired Perrin Burse's bank in Cincinnati, Ohio the funds for this engine that was to arrive on Tuesday March 9th. I then faxed Perrin the wire confirmation form. From that moment, Perrin Burse of Cincinnati, Ohio became invisible. He vanished from the face of the earth. Perrin could not be contacted by phone and he would not return any voice mails. His email address "dollarmover@yahoo.com" would not accept any emails from my address. What happened to this racing pal? The engine did not arrive on Tuesday March 9th as agreed. The engine did arrive Wednesday Afternoon March 10th. It was suppose to be a long block, including distributor, no induction, no exhaust and no alternator. It arrived without the distributors. However, a quick inspection and we found a broken "head stud" laying in the spark plug port. Perrin Burse, Cincinnati, Ohio lied! He out and out lied about the condition of this engine. He lied about checking the engine. He lied about the engine in perfect condition as to be bolted in a car and run for a couple of years. And, since he vanished from the face of the earth, I could not ask him why the head stud broke. It's about a 1200 dollar repair. But! Why did it break? Was the engine used in a race car for a couple of years? I tried to contact Perrin from March 4th to March 12th leaving voice mails. One phone number he gave me 513-681-6233 answers with a message, saying, you are not a recognized user of this number. What is Perrin Burse of Cincinnati, Ohio hiding from?
10:50 AM Friday March 12th I called Perrin Burse in Cincinnati, Ohio at 513-791-1333. He answered the phone and was shocked to hear my voice. 11 days to reach this man! I explained the problem and ask him to honor the agreement and take the engine back. I offered pictures and suggested that he call the repair shop, where he (Perrin) sent the engine and speak directly with them. He agreed, and said he would get back to me in 30 minutes. That was 28 hours ago. Once again, Perrin Burse lied! He did not call me back. He did not call the repair shop.
Lesson: When anyone purchases an engine, purchase it as a core engine. Period! Get a written statement of your agreement from the seller and contact information including home address. Then verify the information.

Please call the above numbers and leave your comments before he disconnects these numbers. You can leave a fax message at the above 513-791-1333 and just press send. Don't worry, he won't answer the phone.

And, I hope, no one, has to go through a scam like this, ever!