Notices

Rennlist email SPAM: Sell Algar Ferrari Your Sports Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 02:31 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 618 Likes on 271 Posts
Thumbs down Rennlist email SPAM: Sell Algar Ferrari Your Sports Car

Why is this being sent via rennlist to members signup email? I did not opt-in although thats what it says....

Rennlist <Rennlist@autos.ibemail.com>
Sell Algar Ferrari Your Sports Car
Algar Ferrari: The Easiest Way to Sell Your Car Sell, Trade or Consign Your Porsche & Conquest CarAlgar Ferrari is looking to buy your Porsche or other exotic vehicles to expand our world-class inventory. With the overwhelming demand for ultra-luxury and exotic automobiles, Algar Ferrari of Philadelphia has a list of potential clients looking for vehicles like yours.The market has never been more suitable for you to “trade and upgrade” your vehicle. This is an opportunity to take advantage of a potential enhanced value for your vehicle during this window of low supply and strong demand.

Algar Ferrari of Philadelphia is one of the original importers of Ferrari in North America. We are deeply experienced in acquiring and selling vehicles throughout the world. Our team will arrange for transport of your vehicle, and remove the hassle of marketing and selling your car, so you can spend time enjoying the finer things in life.

If you would like to sell your Porsche or exotic car to free up resources to:

• buy a vacation home
• build an addition
• take a world tour
• open up space in your garage
• upgrade to the next car of your dreams

We can help.

Please contact Algar Ferrari to learn more about this limited time opportunity. Call 800-620-2939 or email sellmycar@algarferrari.com?subject=S...gar%20My%20Car
Algar Ferrari of PhiladelphiaPhone: 610-527-1100
Email: sellmycar@algarferrari.com
Copyright © 2017 Algar Ferrari, All rights reserved.
This email was sent by: Rennlist, 909 N. Sepulveda Blvd., 11th Flr El Segundo CA, 90245, USAYou opted to receive this monthly e-mail during the Rennlist registration process. To unsubscribe or make changes to your email subscription, use the links below.Unsubscribe Update Profile Manage Subscriptions View Our Privacy Policy
Old 01-10-2018, 02:41 PM
03BeastCharmer
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got that as well. Hope this isn't the path forward for the forum.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:34 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 810 Posts

Got it from several IB forums. I guess it has to do with allowing member emails except this vendor isn't one and isn't listed in the vendor directory either. Must be somebody that bought a list from IB.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:42 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Spam / Bad UI and out of so many years, i sign up - i never get my rennlist decals.
Rennlist has a lot of paying members so we don't have to live with spam. Lately also a lot of ads and funky characters showing on UI aswell.

I'm not sure if i'm going to be a paying member if this continues.Maybe time to request a membership refund on pure principle
Old 01-11-2018, 12:37 PM
gwells96
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I can;t contact other members via PM as my account is too new but I can be spammed by this vendor and my email address can be sold to a number of 3rd parties? Pretty poor experience as a new user.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:07 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 675 Likes on 468 Posts

I have to find out what happened here, this email was not meant to go to Rennlist Members. I don't know why this happened, but I sincerely apologize. This is not indicative of any future direction for Rennlist. As a further point of clarification, the email was sent by internal IB staff, nobody external has access to member email addresses.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:05 AM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Trump did it!
Old 01-16-2018, 07:46 PM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb M.
I have to find out what happened here, this email was not meant to go to Rennlist Members. I don't know why this happened, but I sincerely apologize. This is not indicative of any future direction for Rennlist. As a further point of clarification, the email was sent by internal IB staff, nobody external has access to member email addresses.
was it the same guy who manages the Hawaii missle strike button?