Notices

Can we please have the old editor back?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 09:53 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Pasting a link to a photo (or uploading it) now in the editor the photo is showing instead of the code with the image link in-between - this is very annoying, and along with what Robb said above, trying to type up a long "how to" or instructional document...this is very messy.
Copy / pasting text from another website, the new editor tries to copy the source formatting - horrible idea - so now if I copy & paste a headline in 72 font bold, I have to use rennlist code (and the size button is gone) to shrink it down???
Completely agree! In fact it is this behavior that has me going into source mode frequently to FIND AND FIX the VB tags the new editor auto-inserts on pastes but hides in the standard edit mode. The combination of this behavior and the badly broken source edit (on at least two of the three major MacOS browsers) is a bad combination.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:31 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

Don't worry, the will work through these bugs and iron them all out. It will just take time.

Then as soon as the get it working to a point where we can all at least figure out hwo to deal with it...................

Then they'll change it again.

Rinse, repeat.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Site is unusable on iPad. So i just try to read. Too much effort to post.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 668 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Site is unusable on iPad. So i just try to read. Too much effort to post.
I have none of the issues you're describing. What version of iOS is your iPad running? What model iPad?

cheers,
robb
Old 12-10-2017, 02:23 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Robb, it is ridiculous to assume that because it works on the particular platform you are using, that it is a tested, stable, releasable product. I have sent you DETAILED info on some of the bugs with no fix... Please stop releasing and forcing use of untested, unstable, unsatisfactory code!
Old 12-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

iPad Pro 10.5 with latest os
In the screen shot i simply placed my cursor in the reply box start typing and well there it is.

Well. I thought I’d post a screen shot. Broken too! Ok I’m out. Subscription is going to lapse as it’s clear the funds are not making the site better

Quick Reply: Can we please have the old editor back?