rennlist 'Times out"

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 10:19 AM
Cay911
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default rennlist 'Times out"

HI,

I have and do enjoying reading and participating in the Forums. It is almost a daily part of my routine.

Rennlist/members have been instrumental in providing me with the information that lead me to purchase the "right" Cayenne S and options as well as my latest purchase of a 2016 991 TT, many thanks for that...

However more times than not while I am responding to or inquiring about something with a member via PM or sometimes in posting on a Forum Rennlist times out and I lose the message I was writing. This has happened much more than once and it is very frustrating!

Is there anyway to keep Rennlist open until I choose to "sign out" myself?

Thank you,
Cay911
Old 12-17-2020, 08:01 PM
Spiroa
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cay911
HI,

I have and do enjoying reading and participating in the Forums. It is almost a daily part of my routine.

Rennlist/members have been instrumental in providing me with the information that lead me to purchase the "right" Cayenne S and options as well as my latest purchase of a 2016 991 TT, many thanks for that...

However more times than not while I am responding to or inquiring about something with a member via PM or sometimes in posting on a Forum Rennlist times out and I lose the message I was writing. This has happened much more than once and it is very frustrating!

Is there anyway to keep Rennlist open until I choose to "sign out" myself?

Thank you,
Cay911
Hi there Cay911! I know this thread is three years old now, but I am having exactly the same problem. I was wondering if you ever found a fix? It can be quite frustrating to type a long response and then have to rewrite it.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:31 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 668 Likes on 462 Posts

@Spiroa this should not be happening. Can you explain the circumstances when you experience something like this please?
Old 12-18-2020, 02:13 PM
Spiroa
AutoX

Originally Posted by Robb M.
@Spiroa this should not be happening. Can you explain the circumstances when you experience something like this please?
It happens every time I attempt to reply to a thread or someone else's post. What happens specifically is after I have written my reply and click "submit reply," the system logs me out every time it has taken me more than four or five minutes to compose that reply. It is actually why I have been so inactive since I joined a couple of months ago. I have written about ten posts or replies only to lose them after I click submit. As some of them have been quite lengthy, that was very frustrating. Now I have found a "duct tape and zip-tie solution" to the problem. after I write my reply, I copy the text and hit submit. The system then logs me out and I log back in. After I log back in, I find the thread I was attempting to reply to again and I paste my response in the "reply to thread" area. Then it usually works, but sometimes it is quite a hassle if the thread is old.
Old 12-18-2020, 02:25 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 668 Likes on 462 Posts

It sounds to me like you may have a stale cookie that's causing you to get logged out all the time. Try using a private tab, log in and see if the behaviour is still there. If not, then clear your Rennlist cookies and log back in using a normal browser tab.

cheers,
robb
Old 12-18-2020, 02:26 PM
Spiroa
AutoX

Thanks Robb, I will give that a try.
The following users liked this post:
Robb M. (12-18-2020)