Notices

First post, first drive GT4

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 10:29 AM
GTV
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post First post, first drive GT4

Hi everybody, this is my first post to this forum, even though I’ve been a constant follower to this site. I’m from Vienna/Austria and decided its time for a small contribution.

I’m still waiting to pick up my saphire blue GT4, so got a chance to test drive an indischrot GT4 calm me down
[IMG]file://localhost/Users/isf/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image002.png[/IMG]

I had a possibility to drive a Gt4 for 5 laps at the red bull ring during a customer presentation, so this was not my first time behind the wheel of a GT4.
Nevertheless this was the first time on public roads.
I have a pretty conservative taste when it comes to color choices, and the saphire blue color on my car was a pretty tough decisssion, but after seeing indischrot in real life I have to say it is a very striking color and nothing like on pictures or in the configurator. Really fits the car without being to much in your face.

I ordered this car not primarily as a track tool, but more as a daily driver. So when ordering i decided to go for the 18 way adj. seats. for comfort reasons obviously.
So it was interesting to see how the racing bucket seats in the red test car will do against the comfort seats, which i got used to from the 991 tt.

They look awesome especially with the 5 point harness! And they feel great. At least for the first time you sit in them, you think "pretty comfy, sure i can handle them on long distance".
But after driving for an hour or so you start to understand that they might be a bit too harsh. The car itself is pretty stiff, so the seats add a bit to that. Sure that’s a subjective opinion, but unless you want to track this car often, the comfort seats are a better option (my opinion again). Or you are a die hard fanatic and don’t want to miss the club sport package which is not available with the normal seats.

the Drive:

it is still something special to put your right hand on a manual gear leaver in a sport scar. This and the whole atmosphere with the bucket seats, makes up for an unforgetting experience. The clutch is heavy but very easy to modulate. I put this car straight into sport mode, opened the windows just to hear the auto rev matched downshifts. The car sounds very nice, especially with the valves open.

For me its a toy/drug, depends on how you drive it. It can be civilized and easy to manouver - that’s another point i want to mention as for European cities with narrow roads, its almost the perfect size - but switch traction control off and it becomes a hooligan.

Actually only by turning off the traction control and esp i realized the true hooligan character of this car. in this mode its superb!

anyways here are some more pics. When i get mine i try to upload some more pics and videos.
Sorry for my bad English and enjoy the Sunday!

cheers!
Attached Images       

Quick Reply: First post, first drive GT4