Notices

Moving to Germany and looking for racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 05:54 PM
barkerd427
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Germany and looking for racing

I just found out this morning that I am moving to Germany in July. I will be in Spangdahlem which is in the west, south of Koln and east of Luxembourg. I was wondering if anyone knew of any kind of racing there that I can get into (non-pro). I will probably be getting an extra car depending on the type of racing I'll be doing, i.e. rally, road... Any help with contact info or anything would be great. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:59 AM
markus_t19
Advanced

I am jealous as you be very close to the Nuerburgring Nordschleife- in my book the most exciting track there is.
on the Nordschleife you can do so-called "Touristenfahrt" (open to everyone...including moto cycles and buses...but still a lot of fun), pay by round or get a season pass.
Then there are the VLN aces (googles VLN) 3-4 hours I think...and of course the 24h Nuerburgring race.

other than that
- Porsche runs a series called Porsche Sports Cup on various tracks called with different forms of racing.
- Porsche Club Deutschland PCD ...similar.

good luck,
Markus
Old 05-08-2010, 09:31 AM
dale_at_nurburg
AutoX

Nordschleife 'Touristenfahrt' or public driving - buy a german car with cage and mods all in the logbook (think spec E30 or Golf mk2 GTI with a 16-valve) and then buy a 'jahreskarte'... it's a season ticket for €1199 that enables you to lap the track as many times as you want during 'public sessions'

Public sessions (generally) run from 5.30pm to 7.30pm weekday nights and all day Sunday, with many other days appearing over the year.

The reason why you should get a low, lightweight car? Because you'll be totally hooked and want to do 1000+ laps a year.

My buddy is based at Spang and lives right here in Nürburg village - he sold his 997 S because it's too expensive and too nice a car when all you REALLY want to do is thrash the **** out of it every other day on the world's toughest and longest race track.... 21km, 1000feet down and 1000 feet up EVERY lap.

Also Spa Francorchamps is not too far away either.

Commence the full-on video whoring...

Spa:

1 lap with Ron in a brand-new GT3RS mk2 from last week.

3 laps playing a royal game of silly ***** - me driving our 996 Cup rental, Ron (the boss) driving the little Lotus 2-Eleven

The 'Ring:

NORDSCHLEIFE: My lightweight, low-cost 'Ring Tool' - behold the mighty Mazda! (1990 MX5 'Miata' with Chinese turbo)

F1 circuit (5.2km): Tourist sessions here are €30 per 20 minutes, in the Lotus Exige rentals in this video..

Any questions just ask; I can also advise on your German National A license if you want to go racing 'proper'....
Old 05-09-2010, 04:50 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

welcome to germany! i'm near the other end of germany in Nürnberg but I do go to the ring quite a bit. A visit to Manthey Racing would be a good first order of business. They can help you procure a properly set up 911. also, there is a 3-day school with the international bmw club at the ring in first week of august. I suggest you sign up for it. I'll be there along with a few other Rennlisters.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:54 AM
markus_t19
Advanced

Default aat the Ring - International Drivers’ Training

Originally Posted by carrering
welcome to germany! i'm near the other end of germany in Nürnberg but I do go to the ring quite a bit. A visit to Manthey Racing would be a good first order of business. They can help you procure a properly set up 911. also, there is a 3-day school with the international bmw club at the ring in first week of august. I suggest you sign up for it. I'll be there along with a few other Rennlisters.
@carrering
after going last year I again signed up for the "3-day school with the international bmw club at the ring in first week of august" as well.
http://www.fahrerlehrgang.info/englisch_version.html
which group will you be in?

cheers,
Markus

Quick Reply: Moving to Germany and looking for racing