Exporting own 911 (997.2 C4S) to the US

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 04:44 PM
Volkan1975
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exporting own 911 (997.2 C4S) to the US

Dear members,
I have agreed on the proposal from my company to run and expand the US branch in South Carolina (Charleston).
As we have traveled around the world for my work we are used to leave/sell most of our stuff before we move into the new country.
But only 1 thing I never sold and that is the 911 (997.2 C4S 2010) I own, I had purchased the car when we were living in Italy, then we moved to Germany, then to Belgium (my home land) and living now in the UK.
The car just moved with us and we just registered her on the local registration plates, even in the UK (LHD Car) it was an easy process as in 2015 the UK was still part of the European Union.
So the car is now in the UK on UK registration plates and it's a Left Hand Drive.

As I really love my car I made some research to take my 911 to SC but couldn't find clear information.
So the most important question is: Is it even possible to bring your own car and put them on SC registration plates (with the necessary bumper mods of course)?
And if yes does somebody know the process or an agency?

I have asked this also on the US region but didn't get a clear answer as it's more specific (Non-US resident coming over with Work Visa with own car).

In worst case I will take the car back to Belgium to sell it over there, which is also not that cheap anymore since the UK left the European Union.

Best regards and thank you
Volkan

Quick Reply: Exporting own 911 (997.2 C4S) to the US