Notices

Porsche in Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 06:42 PM
Jonathan_987
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bjterp00
Unfortunately, it was not possible to take delivery in Germany, which I would have preferred. Though I have driven both cars to Stuttgart to visit the Porsche Museum. Ordering and buying a car in Germany then importing into Switzerland would probably be quite a pain. You'd need to reclaim the German VAT then pay import tax and VAT in Switzerland, and registering with the traffic office in Switzerland would be more painful than just having a Swiss dealer take care of it. Plus there is usually a "Swiss package" option on Swiss configured cars that extends the warranty and comes with some good options.
The only pain is the CO2 penalty tax on the import of new vehicles. Import and registration are not a major hassle. You can even get insurance from the Swiss insurance company beforehand and have full protection during the transfer.

Without the CO2 penalty tax, the vehicles would be tens of thousands of Swiss francs cheaper. The savings including the CO2 penalty tax are negligible if you take your time and effort into account. In addition, you can establish a good relationship with your local Porsche dealer by sourcing through them.

It's time Porsche Switzerland finally offers collection in Germany (why is Euro Delivery possible for the USA, but not in the neighboring country) and a free of charge invitation to the Porsche Experience Center!
Old 08-26-2024, 08:41 PM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 114 Likes on 79 Posts

This may be a tangent, but I'll give it a go in this thread because you're all so nice. I drove up to Greenwich from NNJ in 2009-2010 to buy a black on black C2S at Bentley of Greenwich. By the time I got there the car had a deposit on it and was reportedly awaiting shipment to your glorious country. Has anyone here even seen or heard of this car? I'd love to know how many miles it has by now and see a pic I've been chasing the dragon ever since.
Old 08-28-2024, 04:05 AM
Jonathan_987
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 32 Posts

There are probably more than 45,000 registered Porsches in Switzerland, with a population of less than 9 million. I think it will be very difficult to find that one Porsche (which could already be on the road elsewhere in Europe). Especially because the authorities (if you still know the VIN) are not allowed to provide any information...

Quick Reply: Porsche in Switzerland