Notices

Nurburgring - things to do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 12:27 PM
FifthGear
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skru_fase
I ended up with the Swift (although I looked at a lot of options). It should handle great, has a lot of safety gear and a low insurance cost/deductible. Easy decision. Plus it seems to get rave reviews. I am there for a track day, and have an instructor for the first hour so I should get comfortable with it/the track.
Originally Posted by Ronan
Te Swift ia a great starter car. As you go up the range the decuctible gets smaller and smaller. RSR rented a car to a Dutch guy ( GT3RS) and he wrote it off Ended up with an EUR170K cheque and also had to pay for the Armco.

With the Swift you will fully experience the track and can try different cars at successive visits.

One thing to avoid: NEVER take a regular rental car on the track. They all have trackers and you will end up with a worldwide ban.
Originally Posted by ekam
I think I read the ring rental insurance does not cover the armco repair, which the track charges you at 60eur/hr. Towing fees are not covered either.

That and I've been watching the ring crash compilation videos on YT...
I didn't mean to put down the Swift, it's an excellent car, I just took the stage IV for the experience since I assumed I would likely not be going back anytime soon.

I didn't go with RSR because the liability was so much higher. By taking the extra insurance, I was able to limit my liability to €6000 and eliminate the track damage fees, and the instructor (who was amazing) acted very much like a rally co-driver, providing lots of information about what was coming up and identifying safe speeds and danger zones in every area of the track. He even helped manage traffic.

It made for an amazing afternoon of driving, and a once-in-a-lifetime experience. One of my favorite parts however, was getting my €6000 credit card slip back.

I can confirm about the rental cars, only Germans driving their own cars are covered as a public road, the rental agreement explicitly forbids it. I didn't know about the trackers though...
Old 06-13-2017, 09:25 AM
ekam
Drifting

Received 510 Likes on 326 Posts

THE NURBURGRING – CRASH ON TRACK AND IT WILL COST YOU MORE THAN YOUR PRIDE
https://drivetribe.com/p/UFTZw-m5SoW...source=organic

Quick Reply: Nurburgring - things to do?