Notices

Hope this was nobody on the board....

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017 | 05:11 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear that. Hate to see damage to a Porsche. Hopefully it can be repaired.
Old 05-28-2017 | 10:13 AM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Hi Adam, sorry to hear about your incident. I hope that nobody was hurt and that your car can be fixed soon.

Last edited by AM993; 05-28-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-28-2017 | 11:34 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Nooooooo!

Adam, as soon as I saw the pic I knew it was your car!
Old 05-28-2017 | 02:08 PM
akw
Racer

Thanks guys. Everyone walked away but there will be follow up medical appointments (at least on my side)

For the curious - I had just left a red light at hillhurst in center lane headed southbound on avenue. She was coming off briarhill and appears to have been trying to go south-bound on Avenue (guessing based on the angle of impact that she wasn't going right across avenue) T-Boned! When I was done I was facing northbound in center lane.

Had just dropped my 6 year old off at a party up the street. Just thankful he wasn't with me.

I'm trying hard to adopt Ronan's position of "It's just a car" after that time I brought him back from Mosport.

Hard to say whether it's a write off at this point. There is suspension damage on the "crooked" rear tire. No leaking fluids and engine was running. If there is frame damage I would say she is gone.

Will know more tomorrow.

First accident I've ever been in so if anyone has any advice - send me a PM.

Adam
Old 05-28-2017 | 02:09 PM
akw
Racer

Originally Posted by Ronan
Sorry to hear that. Hate to see damage to a Porsche. Hopefully it can be repaired.

I'm really trying to adopt your mindset from when I brought you back from mosport that time. "It's just a car"

So far it's working....
Old 05-28-2017 | 02:35 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

That stretch of Avenue is dangerous since it's always busy, people drive fast and inexperienced drivers have difficulty making left hand turns from the sidestreets onto Avenue.
Old 05-28-2017 | 05:12 PM
EPOS
Advanced

Start looking at what a similar car is selling for just in case insurance does decide it's a write off. The adjuster will always lowball. If you have maintenance records have those ready as well as it will help you get more out of insurance.

Good luck!
Old 05-28-2017 | 05:31 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Adam:

It is of course upsetting..all of us hate to see our cars damaged; in the end what matters is avoiding damage to ourselves,- over a lifetime cars come and go. Hopefully it will all be fine and repaired, but if not I have no doubt I we will see you in another Porsche and it will fill the gap faster than you think.
Ronan
Old 05-28-2017 | 09:58 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Sorry to see this, glad everyone seems to be okay.
Old 05-28-2017 | 10:59 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Glad to see everyone ok. Sucks this happened right at the start of the season.

Good luck
Old 05-28-2017 | 11:35 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ronan
Adam:

It is of course upsetting..all of us hate to see our cars damaged; in the end what matters is avoiding damage to ourselves,- over a lifetime cars come and go. Hopefully it will all be fine and repaired, but if not I have no doubt I we will see you in another Porsche and it will fill the gap faster than you think.
Ronan
What he said,
Thanks Ronan for responding to this difficult post.
Old 05-29-2017 | 09:09 AM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Glad to hear that you aren't hurt and that your son was not in the car, Adam. Be prepared to stand your ground with the insurance adjuster. My RS America was hit by a drunk loser in a minivan, and the insurance company was trying to get my shop to purchase used parts as replacement components.
Old 05-29-2017 | 09:45 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by akw
Thanks guys. Everyone walked away but there will be follow up medical appointments (at least on my side)

For the curious - I had just left a red light at hillhurst in center lane headed southbound on avenue. She was coming off briarhill and appears to have been trying to go south-bound on Avenue (guessing based on the angle of impact that she wasn't going right across avenue) T-Boned! When I was done I was facing northbound in center lane.

Had just dropped my 6 year old off at a party up the street. Just thankful he wasn't with me.

I'm trying hard to adopt Ronan's position of "It's just a car" after that time I brought him back from Mosport.

Hard to say whether it's a write off at this point. There is suspension damage on the "crooked" rear tire. No leaking fluids and engine was running. If there is frame damage I would say she is gone.

Will know more tomorrow.

First accident I've ever been in so if anyone has any advice - send me a PM.

Adam
First, glad that you are ok (Right now). I was T-boned at 100-120 kph in 2014. My car was totaled as every single air bag in the vehicle deployed. It was not until 6 months after the accident that I started to feel the injuries I had sustained. It took me over a year to recover and my only saving grace was that I was in excellent physical shape when this occured.

Insurance will take care of you, as it's clearly the other drivers fault. Make sure you get independent quotes from various sources for a replacement in case insurance tries to low ball you.

Take some time off work as it will help. & honestly, it's just a car.. it can be replaced easily.
Old 05-29-2017 | 10:27 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Any story you can tell, is a good story.
Sorry about the car and damage. Glad everyone is alright. Be careful over the next few weeks. Trauma may take a few weeks before symptoms appear.
As above, let you insurance do the talking.
Don't say yes until you are happy with the outcome. Poker face.
Old 05-29-2017 | 01:21 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Oh no Adam that is just terrible news .. im glad you are okay as that looks like a real can opener .
Just make sure they give you enough of a settlement that you can get into a nice air cooled car

Quick Reply: Hope this was nobody on the board....