FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

PM sent.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:51 PM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is always buyer beware. Get a 3rd party PPI if it will make you feel more comfortable with the purchase.

I know of a local Vancouver resident who traded in their 993 to Blitzkreig:

"They are actually a really well-known service shop/used car dealer for Porsche, BMW, etc.

They bought my 993 and proceeded to misrepresent and straight up lie about the car. Oh and they refused to sign the transfer form when I handed the car over citing their "insurance guy" needed to sign it first prior to giving me my copy. Bull****.

I handed the car over to them with 80,300 miles on the odometer. They listed it at 79,500 miles on their website the next week.

I told them the car had the RS conversion bodywork done here by a shop in Richmond, that the RS bits are not OEM Porsche, that there was a mileage discrepancy for 16k miles back in '99. And they proceeded to advertise the car with having OEM RS bodywork, no mileage discrepancy, and the kicker? Bodywork was done by Porsche of Calgary and the "previous owner is an avid collector who is downsizing his collection".

It was a really, really nice car. So if they need to make up that much bull**** on such a car - I can't even begin to think of what they'll try to get away with on a ****ty car. There's a reason their white 997.1 GT3 has been sitting there for nearly a year now.

The worst part is apparently the car sold and whoever bought the 993 probably overpaid by about 40k due to their "upselling"

Source: https://www.revscene.net/forums/6947...ml#post8764945

Quick Reply: PPI in vancouver